• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

swing

Well there's a right way to do things and a wrong way, a second ( or third ) opinion never hurt nobody.

T23

Just set the carrier to 1/4 of the total "swing" output of the radio if you are looking at the actual output on a real peak reading watt meter and go with that. I am in no way using correct terminology here. If you want it explained in detail the why and how's let me know or PM me.

i thank thats what he did to my friends and i aint going to tell some one thats been working on stuff for years that aint right you know what i mean

FWIW some of the most renowned "experts" are also the best talkers. They have the ability to make people think they know more than they do. Ever hear the old adage "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bullshit"? That pretty much sums it up.

Also FWIW, I spent 22 years as a commercial broadcast engineer and maintained a string of six-plus AM and FM broadcast transmitters as part of a 26 station group (Maritime Broadcasting Systems). I know a thing or two about modulation and splatter. Also before I knew any better, back in my early days about 30 years ago I did in fact run a radio with a clipped mod limiter. That was the first and only radio I ever ran or will ever run that way. The next door neighbor had TVI so bad he could almost see me on the TV much less just hear me. ;)

just out of curiosity which book would that be ?

the screwdriver experts guide to the systematic genocide of cb radios by any chance? :whistle::whistle:

or how to screw up your radio in 10 minutes. no clipping none zero.
same with volting none zero.a good standard tune will be good
radios are only capable of doing so much within thier limits.if ya
want more audio buy a power mic. if ya want more power
buy a amp.as for tuning your wilson check your swrs with a
external swr meter not the one in radio
if swr is low on 1 and high on 40 shorten whip
if swr is high on 1 and low oin 40 raise whip
start with whip slide all way down and check .if it still needs
shorter use bolt cutters or wheel grinder [my favorite]
to trim but be very careful . if it needs longer just pull it up
about 1/8 of an inch . do this until both 1-40 read the same
or very close to it