• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR flip flop with linear in line??

I thought it says an a99 cant handle much wattage? But anytime you increase power swr usually rises a small bit

Yes it says so but seems like on reviews people say lifespan is short if 500 watts or more is used heavily.just goin by what i read.
Mine works fine but most juice i can send up the pole is 100 watts

Attachments

• Solarcon_A-99_user.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
Was reading on here somebodys post said they painted their A 99 but not with metallac paint.then another said he wrapped his with 3m electrical tape to prolong life of the fiberglass.id opt for 3m tape starting at bottom.and now 3m comes in several colors.wrapping from bottom would help keep water out.
In next couple months mine is coming down and im adding 10 ft more pipe to it.think while its down i will tape it up too. Use green 3m tape so it blends in with trees.
Great antennas and price n made in USA.

If the antenna tunes up good with just the radio then the antenna is good. Really 1.4 or 1.5 isn't bad but it could be better. The amp might need some tuning on its input. Put the SWR meter between the radio and amp and see if some matching needs to be done. If the SWR is good there then you might have a problem with the antenna coax or connections. I had to do some work to my Texas Star 350 to get the SWR right, You can see what I did here:
https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/texas-star-dx-350-hdv-input-swr.230089/#post-627003
Chris

Put meter in between radio and linear.

Pushed 12w AM dk from radio to meter to amp.. got 1.1 on 1 and 1.2 on channel 40 with linear off. I went to 26.915 and get 1.1 as well.

With linear also off and radio set to 1.5w dk, I got a nil reading on both 1 and 40.. less than 1.1 (aka flat).

With linear on I get 1.1-1.2 on channel 1 and almost nil on 40 with the 1.5w dk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
K3ACZ,
No problems with this set up that I can see based on the numbers in your post.
I wouldn’t change anything.

73’s
David

It's one of the most annoying things about linear, they are not true drop-in - inserts, that exhibit "transparency" when it comes to impedance.

Many people get them and coax jumpers and their needed lengths - confused and understandably - why.

Coax, different types of similar impedance as well as Linear designs and their methods to bypass or route thru are as different at someone's own fingerprints from another. They are part of the hand, but each person is unique.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated