• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR Meter Placement For Tuning With Amplifier

I always strive to get it as low as I can, but if you reach an impasse and it bottoms out, you can always get a good antenna tuner to keep the amp happy.
Those numbers are pretty good and won't hurt anything, but a tuner can get you a near perfect match and keep the box happy, run cooler, and last longer.
I run an old Drake MN2000 tuner. The thing is an absolute tank and can easily handle 2000 watts.

I'm a little late to the party, but this was the latest discussion about SWR.
Everyone wants a low swr and I'm no different. I'm getting real tired of taking the antenna (vertical 5/8 wave) down, adjusting, and putting back up.
The best I'm able to muster as of now is a 1:11 on ch1 and 1:28 on ch 40 according to the Telepost LP-100-a with low radio dead key of 1.5 watts. Thinking that's close enough to use any amp, should I decide to add one later......or should I try to lower it even further?
1:11 and 1:28 are not usable ratios (the R in SWR stands for RATIO), and a ratio is properly stated as a variable number to the number 1.

There is only one colon in a ratio, and the colon is always followed by a 1. A ratio of two to one would be properly written as 2:1. It might be possible that you meant 11:1 and 28:1, but those values are far outside what is generally accepted as reasonable SWR values.

Reactions: Capt Crunch

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated