• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Take my hearing please

TheRealPorkchop

Certified Sith Pimp
Aug 25, 2015
NC
How in the hell does he think anybody wants to hear that crap? Sounds like a few RC copters trying to take off... I’d split my own wig trying to get that sound out my head at night.

No way I’d ever put that on somebody’s radio

Reactions: Sonar

When he said to "Remember, the switch next to the power wires is for the amp, and the other switch is for the fans..." I thought to myself "is he f@#$%^ deaf?

Reactions: psycho
Yea I’d strap a floor box fan to it and have less noise and more airflow. I know the man is smarter than I am, not gonna argue that but wtf is he thinking with these fans?

The man does love switches. And black hot glue. And saying Less Comm. And now I guess I can add loud ass fans to his list of likables.

Reactions: undertaker
Yea, he does I’m sure. I see he sells a lot of impossible watt radios such as the 900 watt amazing beat-all Galaxy 98vhp that wasn’t VHP until he popped in some 2879’s and made it VHP. Not knocking the guy, I like switches and hot glue too but damn, he reminds me of my wife while she’s making crafts.

His radios got more switches than a Tijuana lowrider, driver hit the wrong combo and drop the axles, landing gear dragging the highway, spark show.

And now the fans from hell. Fire that thing up at 1AM and the neighbors come outside yelling and screaming thinking they’re being attacked by giant mosquitoes. Or aliens have landed. Sure to get you a cussing from your wife if you’re in the house with that thing.

And totally off topic and I’ll derail my own thread because I can...

Was watching various BS videos on the tube and found this one, and just look at the comments...

As Lane Myers said “well honk my hooter”.

I am afraid that Lester is showing his age a bit.
He should know why a modulated signal is "bouncing around" on his SA when he has the span at 3Mhz, R and VBW are set to auto and @ 30Khz with a sweep time of 10ms.
There is a part in a "fine tune cb" video complaining about the same "problem".

I can applaud Lester hanging around and toughing it out.
But damn, if I wanted to go deaf I could just stand at one end of a runway for a few hours instead of listening to that racket.

My grandma is 92 and she lives 3 miles away from me. She just called me and told me stop watching that video, she could hear it all the way at her house. So age ain’t it, haha.

Seriously though, yeah, you’d have to be deaf to have that radio or you’d be deaf before long.

Thinking of it, I have a kid that’s deaf but with a cochlear implant. He wouldn’t even want to own that crap.

Reactions: binrat
Somebody needs to start working on making these fans more silent. Military developers used modulated blade spacing on stealth helicopters to reduce noise, why not do the same with fans.

Am I the only one who thinks "Trucker Brown" has paid way too much?
One company I worked for had small fans that would move a huge volume of air. These were installed in the belly of the aircraft so sound was not an issue.
But on the bench my techs had to wear ear protection. Small fans that have to move a lot of air have to turn fast. A 2 inch fan that moves 500 cfm has to turn around 10,000 rpm and ran on 400 Hz power.
Definitely jet turbine screaming.

Last edited:
I didn’t really watch the video, sometimes I pause it and go straight to the comments, which is what I did there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.