• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Taking bets on where Fine Tune pops up next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he finally popped up on my recieve a week or two ago, same old crap too.
Im back on sideband alot since Peakaboo rebuilt the 500v i blew all 4 toshibas out of a few months ago. He was nice enough to modify it with his bad ass biasing circuit that he applies directly to the heatsink and it works great. Just a little cnc work to the case bottom and it fits like a glove
Hope i dont get on trouble for posting these but im quite proud of this amp.
20220428_162941_HDR.jpg
1666827371155.jpg1666827353086.jpg

I listened to the whole channel 19 drama in my patrol truck. Not a fan of Hard Drive's attitude BUT, he was booming in mid TN and I must say he had the very best sounding audio I heard or hear and had me cracking up with some of his $hit. MMM always sounds great but his processed audio is a different beast. The D rail guy, to me, sounds a bit odd or muffled.
I think it's common to laugh or make jokes about someone loosing their domicil and especially the recent emergency broadcast warning that was recently posted.
Karma is ruthless. Either way
My .02
Carry on

I listened to the whole channel 19 drama in my patrol truck. Not a fan of Hard Drive's attitude BUT, he was booming in mid TN and I must say he had the very best sounding audio I heard or hear and had me cracking up with some of his $hit. MMM always sounds great but his processed audio is a different beast. The D rail guy, to me, sounds a bit odd or muffled.
I think it's common to laugh or make jokes about someone loosing their domicil and especially the recent emergency broadcast warning that was recently posted.
My .02
Carry on
Hard drive sounds thin and weak to me. Yeah, he's running at least 10kw out, but his audio is thin. MMM has perfect audio bandwidth, but is compressed just a bit too much. He sounds a bit tight. DRail has waaaaay too much compression and gain. sounds distorted to me. I've heard a DRail radio owned by someone else. The guy turned the audio down a bit and it sounded tremendous. Even when DRail tests the radios on you tube, he has the audio too hot. I'm running a 4k wide audio with a 9 band EQ, and even though I've never heard myself, I get unsolicited rave audio reviews. Great audio can be had for a small investment and little bit of common sense.

Last edited:
Deadbeat in the deserts problem is too much bad talking others.
Its been a couple years now since I bought my d-rail 955 and the only audio complaint i ever got was when i had a dead mic battery. With the echo off people say its like im sitting next to them.

Deadbeat in the deserts problem is too much bad talking others.
Its been a couple years now since I bought my d-rail 955 and the only audio complaint i ever got was when i had a dead mic battery. With the echo off people say its like im sitting next to them.
That's right. Gotta know how to run them. a radio is only as good as it's operator.

My .02
Carry on
It had gotten quite annoying during the summer when he was blocking up 19 almost daily. As for me, not ammused by neither his audio or the stuck on repeat childish jabbering. Glad he's not been heard around these parts!

Yeah he finally popped up on my recieve a week or two ago, same old crap too.
Im back on sideband alot since Peakaboo rebuilt the 500v i blew all 4 toshibas out of a few months ago. He was nice enough to modify it with his bad ass biasing circuit that he applies directly to the heatsink and it works great. Just a little cnc work to the case bottom and it fits like a glove
Hope i dont get on trouble for posting these but im quite proud of this amp.
View attachment 61621
View attachment 61619View attachment 61620
Best amp I ever had back in the day, a 2 pill in diamond plate with his regulated AB bias. Wish he was still building. Consider yourself fortunate he was able to do that amp up for you.

Reactions: Tokin and Rwb
beam me up scotty, no intelligent life form on his planet

Reactions: Prof. Base
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.