• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Taking bets on where Fine Tune pops up next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, You don't KNOW everything and what you think you KNOW is incorrect! We talk on the phone about radio repairs. I am a repair tech. I've repaired and modified more than I can count. We have talked about the 8920A service monitor over the phone as I have one sitting here too and I know how to use it and he knows that. He's seen pictures of it and my calibration forms. He knows I'm not a spoon fed follower and that I'm not afraid to ask.

Problem is that the butt hurt haters out there who think splatter is cool will say anything to discredit him. I will take what the unscrupulous whiners say with a grain of salt and take to heart what he shows on his equipment because I can duplicate it and he knows that too!!!

I understand his impatience with the general public...they are idiots. I turn people away too just based on their demener when I meet them or talk to them on the phone or know their reputation. If they cop an attitude, the radio goes back to the condition it was as received and returned at no charge and they are banned from my shop.

You seem to have a pretty high opinion of yourself but you don't KNOW as much as you want people to believe.

Very simple. If this is true you wouldn't pay $900 for a $400 radio. More than doubling the price of a radio for changing R50, R911, R913, R515, R519, R912, is just plain crooked. It takes about 1/2 hour, and he's 600 radios behind? Best part is, he can't get anymore V1 radios. Like I said, when you get it, please post a video of it.

Well, You don't KNOW everything and what you think you KNOW is incorrect! We talk on the phone about radio repairs. I am a repair tech. I've repaired and modified more than I can count. We have talked about the 8920A service monitor over the phone as I have one sitting here too and I know how to use it and he knows that. He's seen pictures of it and my calibration forms. He knows I'm not a spoon fed follower and that I'm not afraid to ask.

Problem is that the butt hurt haters out there who think splatter is cool will say anything to discredit him. I will take what the unscrupulous whiners say with a grain of salt and take to heart what he shows on his equipment because I can duplicate it and he knows that too!!!

I understand his impatience with the general public...they are idiots. I turn people away too just based on their demener when I meet them or talk to them on the phone or know their reputation. If they cop an attitude, the radio goes back to the condition it was as received and returned at no charge and they are banned from my shop.

You seem to have a pretty high opinion of yourself but you don't KNOW as much as you want people to believe.
Posted May 6, 2022 by Lomchivok:
Yeah, nah...the tinySA's aren't that good...at least the one I had for a short time wasn't. Bought it for a stand in while my HP8920A was out for calibration. No comparison...
1671489859884.png

Hello Mark! Welcome to the board!

Actually it will be 2 years this coming January Chris. My invoice is number 5601. He said he is just now up to invoice 5008. so about 600 radios till I get mine. He calls me often and we have talked for hours. He's actually a pretty nice guy. Never talked down to me, insulted my inelegance or blew me off. He called me again here 3 weeks ago to assure me I WILL get my radio as promised. I hear MMM and D-Rail and 163 in there often and on the SDR. I sure do see a lot of splatter coming off MMM and D-rail and their radios out there. Never have I heard or seen 163 on an adjacent channel. Cant say that for MMM or D-rail. I think a lot of the complaints about him are from the butt hurt that don't/can't make the grade!
438?

Lomchivok,

Im sure there used to be quite a few people who said, "oh Hitler? hell of a guy! we get along great!" and they may have been correct according to their personal experience with the man.
Those same people would have had a hard time believing all the negative things about him unless they'd seen it for themselves, and might believe that those negative statements were just sour grapes.

As time went by though, every single one of those people would have to either accept that what they heard on the news and around town, or shut themselves off from listening to it, instead choosing to believe what they themselves experienced.

do you see where im going with this?

The problems with Mark Sherman have been going on a long time, and there is just too much overwhelming evidence that goes against your opinion of him for any of us to just let it all go and believe that he's just a misunderstood person.

I will tell you something that i KNOW to be true, but you might have a hard time accepting. The fact that Mark Sherman treats you with respect means that he doesn't think you are too bright.
Mark very carefully "vets" the people he sells radios to and if you show the slightest knowledge of how a radio works he will not sell to you.
he ONLY sells radios to people that he can manipulate and control in order to maintain his small army of people who will defend him whenever and wherever he is attacked.
examples of this are all over the internet.

heck, half the people reading this thread already believe that you are here at his request.
i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you just don't feel right believing something you've read online as opposed to speaking with the person directly.

so you can either choose to seek out the proof that what im about to tell you is true, or you can just stay where you are and believe what you already do.
that's up to you and whether or not you are interested in the possibility that you've been hoodwinked.

there is another reason Mark goes to such great lengths to make sure he only sells radios to people who don't know how they work inside.
That is how he tries to make sure no one who does know this stuff can get ahold of one of his radios and figure out what he is and isn't doing in order to make them "fine tuned".
i mean, why do you think he's talked on the phone to you for so long? Do you really think it's because he wants to be your friend? or could it be that he's trying to glean information from you in order to make a judgement on whether or not you'll betray him and hand his radio to another shop to look at?
(your story is not uncommon by any means)

Well his method did work for a while, but eventually one of his radios made it into the hands of someone that figured out exactly what he did to the radios he sells.
he makes a component change to fool the AGC section of the radio (there's videos on youtube of what this actually does and it's not good) and he changes a couple other components to open up the bandwidth of the receive and transmit audio.
all in all, about a dollar in parts and 15 minutes to make his famous "fine tune" that he charges you up the wazoo for. and you end up with a radio that works worse than a stock 955.

please take some time to do your own research instead of just believing the con man himself. He thinks you're too uneducated about radio to do that and he's counting on it.

you're just a little late to this party.
best of luck,
LC
Hitler was a hell of a guy though.
You think we won ww2? Have a look around

Oh you're a CB tech???

well then here ya go!

now you can stop waiting by the phone for Shermie to call you!
you can just pick up any old V1 stryker 955 and do these mods yourself! LMAO

BTW my previous post to you was purposely worded in hopes of getting you to take the bait, which you did, and i must say you fell right into the muck face first! LOL

What you've just told everyone participating in this thread is:

1. you've been waiting for years to get a fine tuned CB radio.
2. you're happy to keep waiting as long as Marky Mark still talks to you on the phone.
3. you and Shermie both have a penchant for using old outdated test equipment.
4. you must not be that savvy of a tech if you need shermie to mod a radio for you.

do you really think your response made you sound smart???
it did not. you showed your ass.

there's really only two reasons you're still here responding to this thread.
either you're too dumb to realize where you are and who you're talking to, or you were sent here by your mentor who promised you that you'll finally get your radio if you do some trolling for him.

no one here wants to share your kool-aid with you.

hey! i hear mark needs a place to live. you should offer up your drive way!
LC

900 dollars for a radio that 98+% of people will not be able to tell the difference between it and a nicely done 29ltd classic... Except for the bragging rights of saying that you spent 900 dollars on a radio where the mods were done by an egomaniac who uses aggression and arrogance to dissuade challenges from people who would prove his skills are nothing more than average...at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.