• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Talk about a rejected beauty

Well, it’s “ugly”, so what?

So are all those crackerbox houses without landscaping worthy of the name jammed against each other.

The idea that these house owners have some idea of “beauty” is ludicrous.

A water tower, an electrical sub-station, high tension power lines, etc, none of which can be hidden by topography or forest in the Panhandle and are a fact of life in living on Americas Factory Floor!

That’s before oil/gas installations are mentioned:

Or the worst offender: cell phone towers.

The closing of the TV news segment puts it in perspective what the Radio operator does. That bunch of old women ought to be ashamed as not one of them ever fully supports herself, and always expects someone to ride to their rescue.

Where were their husbands to put the muzzle on this?

Last edited:
This old video came up in my YT feed. It made me thankful that I don't have to deal with this type of situation. All the rhetoric.....
Strangely enough Lubbock Tx is just down the road from me.

Unbelievable, is bitching and complaining about everything the norm for most people when they get old? I pray i dont get that way. Hahaha, crybaby old people, what a trip.

Attachments

• flagpole01.jpg
    flagpole01.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 183
I’m for his attaching scrolling LED advertising.

Gustave Eiffels radio tower is cited as having landmark beauty. Was called ugly early on.

2A112258-EB73-4DD4-A0E8-6850B41EF210.png

The Mexican bakery, BIMBO, comes to mind. In honor of the neighborhood bimbettes who’ve never baked a loaf of bread in their lives.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
To me it was just ridiculous that so many Karen's had such a problem with the antenna in the first video. I guess the ham should have already known when he moved into an hoa restricted neighborhood......... but to really get so bent out of shape over that......
Try that now in 2021 and the Karen show will be far beyond that one.

That's great. Now he should hit them with a little RFI to give the whiners, something to whine about. Load the tower up as an end fed vertical, preferably with a poor ground plane and no counterpoise. Then, they will be thankful when you "correct" the problem.

Reactions: BlueBeam
It's interesting nowadays that people consider antennas so ugly when 50 years ago we all had TV antennas on every roof. People have just gotten used to not seeing antennas so they don't like them. I get a ton of looks from people just for the antenna on the roof of my vehicle. People stare and point and that's just a Wilson 5000, when i put a predator with coil on top people have no idea what they are seeing.

It's interesting nowadays that people consider antennas so ugly when 50 years ago we all had TV antennas on every roof. People have just gotten used to not seeing antennas so they don't like them. I get a ton of looks from people just for the antenna on the roof of my vehicle. People stare and point and that's just a Wilson 5000, when i put a predator with coil on top people have no idea what they are seeing.

Brah, gitcha a Golden Rod 45 you want some fun.

Build an antenna farm around center-mounting that and part the waves on the highway (assuming you run what might be a fleet vehicle).

Headlights on, of course.

Atop my 70” tall pickup it’s still under 10’ clearance. And a talkin’ sonnuva . . . .

In the months following 9/11/2001 it was funny as hell they got hell outta my way.

07CCB7AF-3E42-4FBE-ACCD-CD82263BC17B.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Enterprise312ok

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated