• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tapatalk

Point of reference regarding revenue/participation - one perspective.

I visit the site here and there during the day from a PC (I am in front of one most of the day for work) but only if I have a few minutes free and then mostly just reading.

I used to visit via Tapatalk every few hours when I was taking a work break and could easily go through new threads within just a few minutes and jump in quickly (though I am ore of a lurker).

The question for me would be how to maintain an active forum which drives revenue in the standard fashion, yet ensuring the greatest amount of interaction via multiple methods, albeit not fully revenue generating.

Long way of saying, activity = views = revenue .. what's the ratio that works?

..and thanks. I admin a few forums and moderate on a few others, I cann appreciate how much work it is. At the end of the day it's your decision and I have no real say. I am just advocating for my own desires .. and admittedly being selfish :)

But for every person that likes Tapatalk, I get complaints from 3 more that complain about the constant notices about tapatalk when they browse the site with their mobile / tablet browser.

I can't arque with that at all - it drives me crazy too. You can make a mod to make that stop but then it's yet another thing to worry about with any future VB updates.

WIN7 x64
AMD dual core @ 1.7ghz
Firefox 3.6.28
IE8

Scrolling seems to have improved, even better with IEx64. Still too many squirrels running in the background on this site.

You need to do some serious upgrades on your browser versions. The site now uses some of the latest JQuery, CSS, and Javascript techniques, and those ancient browsers aren't going to cut it.

For some perspective, the current version of Firefox is 31.0. IE is 11.0.10. You're about 5 years behind what is current.

Good Lord I guess he is behind. I am using the current version of Firefox which is 31.0 and do all my updates. Things work good here on my four year old Toshiba Satellite 695 with an Intel processor and 2.4 GHz speed running Windows 7 64 bit.

You need to do some serious upgrades on your browser versions. The site now uses some of the latest JQuery, CSS, and Javascript techniques, and those ancient browsers aren't going to cut it.

For some perspective, the current version of Firefox is 31.0. IE is 11.0.10. You're about 5 years behind what is current.
WIN7 x64
AMD dual core @ 1.7ghz
Firefox 3.6.28
IE8

Scrolling seems to have improved, even better with IEx64. Still too many squirrels running in the background on this site.

Well now we know. If your are not running the latest and greatest, NSA back-door enabled software, users be damned. Poor approach to take when planning an upgrade on something that worked. Every other website that I visit I do not come into as many problems as I run into here. There's almost as much javascript running here as on CNN.

Well now we know. If your are not running the latest and greatest, NSA back-door enabled software, users be damned. Poor approach to take when planning an upgrade on something that worked. Every other website that I visit I do not come into as many problems as I run into here. There's almost as much javascript running here as on CNN.
And then you get the guys running new equipment and up to date software complaining that the forum is out dated. I wouldn't even be on the internet if I was that worried about snooping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

I can't believe you work in IT and do not keep software up to date.

http://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/i-hate-this-new-site.172022/

How can you honestly run software that is truly YEARS out of date and then blame it on NEW software being used on a website? If you are truly worried about the NSA and all that paranoid stuff the FIRST thing you should do is drop any and all versions of IE and stay with a different browser. IE has got to be the worst of the worst when it comes to known (and as yet unknown) vulnerabilities. Just upgrade your software and get rid of 99% of the problems.

Reactions: Se7en and Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated