• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Teaberry Model T 40 Channel CB Base Station

I would be tempted to short across the "S-Meter" terminals of the switch temporarily to see if that improved the reading. There is only a very tiny current through the switch and any small disruption could create your problem. The meter is a 500uA meter and it should be capable of measuring a voltage as low as 2 microvolts.

David

I would be tempted to short across the "S-Meter" terminals of the switch temporarily to see if that improved the reading. There is only a very tiny current through the switch and any small disruption could create your problem. The meter is a 500uA meter and it should be capable of measuring a voltage as low as 2 microvolts.

David
The is a fried ceramic cap near the D1 diode that I need to change when the parts come in, I wonder if that would affect the meter? Dan

I've been working on this cb radio for awhile now. Replaced all the electrolytic capacitors, all the tubes are good. The problem I'm having is when I turn it on, and once it heats up, the signal meter slowly moves down to zero and stays there. I've been told it could be a resistor problem. My next move is to replace all the red resistors (flameproof). Is there any other area that I should check? The receive is fine, by the way.

Thanks, Dan
sounds like a signal rectifier also..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated