• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Teaberry Stalker Two 40 channel question

if you would look at the secretcb books where it shows how to add channels you can get an idea as to what has to be clipped, added and any parts that have to be changed..
if you just pull wires you may just kill the radio. I have seen so many over the years do what you are talking about and the radio winds up scrap.

Yes, understood and I agree, I would never pull wires unless I am sure but the SecretCB is different then the mess I have here. I greatly appreciate your comments and still hoping for someone who has the Stalker Two and can send pics. Thanks, Adam

lets see if I can download the wiring diagram for you. this shows you all the wire colors and where they go. see if this will help

Attachments

• stalker wiring layout.pdf
    208.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Woody-202
Wow, I think I am going to take a baseball to this one! So when I got it yesterday it had NO am transmit (did key) but SSB was fine. I tried adjusting VR17 but no luck and then after a while I tried it again and it had about 3 watts out on AM. I adjusted VR-17 to about 4 watts out so I confirmed that VR17 was working. I closed up the radio and moved it to where I would be using it and again no AM output!! I tapped and moved things around in the radio, jiggled wired, wiggled components etc but no luck. I turned it off and tried it later and it worked. Then when I tried it this morning no AM so not sure what to do. Adam

if the radio has not had all the electrolytic caps changed that would be the 1st thing I would do. that radio is about 40 years old now.. I recapped mine when I 1st got it before I did any thing else. by doing this also helps make the solder joints better with as many of them it has in it. when I 1st got mine it was like yours and after a recap and touching up some other bad looking joints it worked great. I have the complete service manual for this radio. that is how I was able to post the wiring diagram.
this manual cost me a 100 mile drive one way plus helping the guy install his tower which took about 6 hours just for the tower and antenna install.. I do not know of any one else that has this manual.. I just lucked into finding it through this guy. I even had Kinko scan the manual for me to get it all in a pdf format instead of just a paper manual.
also Rick from euro radio cleaned all the pages up and even rewrote it to make it look better than the original manual.

Reactions: Woody-202
OK thanks, was hoping to get lucky and have someone who had the same AM problem and knew the component(s) but such is life. Thanks again for your help. Adam

Hello! Let me start by saying I two, (lol) have one of these radios. It has some issues and poor channel modification attempts where the wiring on the switches has been miscombobulated.
So after about 2 months of doing research on this radio, I have found the board they used in this model, I have been able to tie it back to the Midland 79-893 mobile. The only thing that I can see that isn't there, is the SWR board. And they used a tone high and low switch on the mobile which the Teaberry Stalker Two (40 channel) didn't use.
I am certain this Uniden board that was used in this Midland mobile model is correct because it also is stamped like the one in the Teaberry Two base, which are same numbers in the center of the board PC-189AB.
CBtricks.com has this mobile on their website with schematics, parts layouts, wiring layouts, and block diagrams. There are also clarifier, and channel modifications available for this radio in other areas of their website I believe.
I hope this helps as well as solves the mystery for everyone who has one of these oddball radios.
Thanks!

Reactions: Woody-202 and TM86

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated