• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Teaberry Stalker Two 40 channel question

I have the Stalker one 40 channel version which uses the same service manual. you will not find the manual on line any where. I did a recap on mine and aligned it and it is a nice sounding radio. from the age more than likely it will need all the electrolytic caps changed in it to perform as it should. that was the 1st thing I did to my little radio.. a buddy of mine took a long trip in his motor home a couple years ago and wanted to borrow it to see how it did. he was gone 3 months and loved the radio. he kept trying to get me to sell it to him.. some where I have the service manual for the radio. do the recap and see how it does and I will see if I can find the manual for it.
Rick from Euro radios reworked the old manual for me so it would look new and was easier to read. I use to have it on my hard drive but lost it when the drive went out. euro radios has shut down the site so it is not there any more. I have the paper version that I copied off and just need to find it and scan it so it is in the computer again. after you get yours recapped I should have the manual copied again. just make sure you do not damage any of the parts inside the little PLL box that is in the radio. I think there may be a cap or 2 inside the box that has to be changed and you have to pull the box out to change them. if not done right you will damage the board and the crystals are not one you can just find any where. you can have them remade but would be more than the radio would ever be worth.
how I found this manual was a guy I know lives about 100 miles south of me and we were talking on the phone one day and he said he had the manual and if I would come down and help him put up a tower I could have it. so one Saturday I went down to help him install the tower which took all day since he did not have the concrete poured . we started early that morning and by the end of the day the tower was up.. this was the most expensive manual I ever got. after gas for 200 miles and my labor to put the tower up made it very expensive.
Sonoma

Reactions: Dmans
Sonoma,
I had that version as well. For some strange reason I thought it was the Stalker 101 (but it was in the early 90's). It served me well! Never had any issues with it and never had the covers off. I believe I traded it off to the SnapOn man to pay off a truck account.
Wish I had it back now!
73's
David

Dmans the stalker one 40 channel is called a 4001. the base 40 channel is stalker two a 4002 version. not sure why they called them a 4001 and 4002 unit. mine has great quiet receive, like to not got it back from my fiend. he loved the radio.

Reactions: Dmans
I’m going to be ordering the Sam’s for it and once I can get a proper soldering station and bench dmm get it recapped and hopefully all the resistors are in tolerance. I know the one time I powered it up it sounded like it was in alignment so that maybe a good thing

Sonoma it’ll be either next month or the following month before I can get around to doing the recap due to bills and limited funds. Bills have been taking priority so you will probably beat me to the upload of the photofacts before I can get the recap done lol

I just did a double take and think they are talking about the main board in both being 4002 in either the 138xlr or 139xlr

Hi all, I just got a Teaberry Stalker II 23 channel and found that someone ran a few wires and switches to the channel selector control so wondering if anyone has the same radio and can possibly take pictures inside the radio of the control so I can see the color code of the wires and put it back the way it should be? Thanks for any help. Adam

Adam have you a way to verify if the radio has extra channels added to it or not. I would not get in any hurry to start trying to move wires until you verify just what has been done to the radio.
look here in the secretcb books to see if your radio has been modded as they show in the book. click on the index by radio link then scroll down to the teaberry raqdios then look at the mods for you radio.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180827201923/http://www.cbtricks.com/pub/secret_cb/index.htm

Last edited:
Adam have you a way to verify if the radio has extra channels added to it or not. I would not get in any hurry to start trying to move wires until you verify just what has been done to the radio.
look here in the secretcb books to see if your radio has been modded as they show in the book. click on the index by radio link then scroll down to the teaberry raqdios then look at the mods for you radio.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180827201923/http://www.cbtricks.com/pub/secret_cb/index.htm
Hi, thanks for responding. Unfortunately I don't see the Stalker II (TWO) listed there. Adam

The radio had 2 switches added and to make things worse on one of the switches the 2 wires were not attached to it and hard to tell which 2 inside were attached so I have to do some playing. I would still rather put it back to stock if possible. Thanks, Adam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated