• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tech for WWRF

DxExpress

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 15, 2005
Maine
With all the tech work done by board member u would think that WWRF would have its own tech by now.
I hear problems and have been the victim of such , poor radio shop operations, it sure would be nice to see a respectable shop open for our members.
Just a thought !!!!

Here is a suggestion.....Give Justin your business. He is one of the best techs in the country. He has the right test equipment and the knowledge to use it correctly. I consider him the WWRF in house Tech

I've tried a lot...not many I'll deal with again....
tech work is only part of the battle, if you dont have cust service and good shipping....

frmboybuck said:
Here is a suggestion.....Give Justin your business. He is one of the best techs in the country. He has the right test equipment and the knowledge to use it correctly. I consider him the WWRF in house Tech

I'll second that on the thumbs up to Justin. Richard aka sharpshooter @ 8541 electronics is a great choice too.

Justin:
http://www.communicationsexperts.com

Richard:
http://www.8541electronics.com/

LAZY has it right on the money,

Richard is on the east coast and Justin is on the west coast.

Both have ALOT of experience in the commercial side of radio repair/sales and ALOT of experience in CB/EXPORT repairs/sales.

So much experience you can just decide by who is closer to you and be happy with the decision.

WWRF TECH

Well after reading the problems in justin';s shop
then reading the Richards that he doesnt touch tube radio;s
i am not much further ahead than i was.

What kind of tube radio, I know a guy in Ohio that fixed up a set of Yaesu 101's like new!,,,,he's expensive but does GREAT work.

Having an "official" tech would not be fair to the other stops also doing good work on various radios. Word-of-mouth counts for a lot.

Re: WWRF TECH

DxExpress said:
Well after reading the problems in justin';s shop
then reading the Richards that he doesnt touch tube radio;s
i am not much further ahead than i was.
I understand what your saying here Dx .....but even word of mouth doesn't always pan out so well for others. Customers can be hard to please at times ,especially in this business . These folks qouting others are satisfied customers of "those" folks. When I start to here about "them" being the best in the country ? .....I become very leary very quick like.....in other words (according to whom ?) The happy customer ? Hmmmm ...this is the Internet , we are on a Forum with all walks of life , I suppose some know each other ? but for the most part , we don't know each other , other then words written on a computer screen. life is sometimes a RISK without a doubt in my mind.....The question is ? Do we take that risk ? Back to the "word of mouth" what more do "we" really have to go on ,other then that , in this kind of situation ? I realize it can get confusing at times with this guy saying this guy is good and somebody else saying the same guy is bad ....visa versa ....Justin seems to be a well liked radio person around here .....he gets the press !! he even has his own site within the Forum .....that must account for something in ones mind. Even he will get bad press from time to time , it's the nature of the business. (or beast) The best in the country ? I'd say that was one hell of a pat on the back !!! They have blacklists and whitelists Dx as IM sure you are very well aware of .....they personally don't mean much to me ,but then again I've personally have been around this hobby for 20 years, they could and would mean something to a new comer looking for the "quote on quote" the best they can get for there money. Can't say I blame them (-: but then again ...what's really going on here ? Hmmmm Opinions do not have to be like bad apples and act as if they spoil the whole bunch here ........you can please some of the people some of the time but you just can't please all the people all the time. This issue of whos good and bad has been going on for years ......but yet the bad get just as much press as the good and visa versa .....I suppose in this Forum world of business ,folks just ain't happy if they don't have something to bitch ,moan and grown about somebody else's work. It was the same damned way before the Internet ever exsisted. Don't get me wrong here Dx , IM not saying anybody is bad here , just can understand the way you feel about it. Even I could have a web site (-: if you catch my drift. "Word of Mouth" other then experiance at hand ......What more do we really have to go on concedering the curcumstances ? Happy New Year !!

Switchkit,
Well said! Word of mouth works both ways and depends solely on personal perception and opinion. If your customer is happy, he'll give you great feedback. If he's unsatisfied, you'll get poor feedback. What irritates me the most is the negative "word of mouth" perpetuated on "I know a guy who..." or "I've heard......about....". The only word of mouth that I pay any attention to is that which is generated from personal experience. Unfortunately, human nature generally is to follow popular opinion as gospel and not look deeper into the issue. That's what happens to the "newbie" looking for who's the best and who's the worst! You need to read everything, look into everything, question everything and then you'll be happy with your final decision. This applies to everything in life.

I remember him from 1 Stop ...what a nice guy he seemed to be ,I couldn't say he was good or bad ? ,but he would surely go out of his way to help others on the site the best that he could in detail until the guy would get it right or at least tried......a shame to see him go. But there are still some guys around that don't mind sharing on how to get things fixed and so on. Props !! to them all for taking the time to do so. Thumbs up SM2 !! Happy New Year !!

i have delt with only three techs in the last 20 yrs. first bill good,gary who worked for bill good,and the one i like the best is chris aka nomadradio,and i feel his work was the best,and his serivce was good also,now just on reading emails ,nomadradio and justin come up with the same thing when asked questions by email and on the forum,so i will be useing justin. i only live 30 miles from him so no shipping problems.i must admit shipping problems do occur to manny hands in that one.but i have not heard of his work being bad.my tech is nomadradio and i will try justin but nomadradio will be my tech unless he quits,and he is in ky.when ever i have questions about my radios, amps i always ask nomadradio ,and he just tells it like it is and he has never said send it to me we can do this or that.he has explained the functions of my questions and why it works that way then he tells me what can be done and why,and this is by phone and email so i have a choice to choose who to do the work for me . and i must say justin has done the same thing to me and i have never met either of them, imho ask then ask again make the best choice that fit your need s. good luck. :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.