• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ten tec corsair ii unlock?

Dec 11, 2014
Arizona
I have a corsair ii. I want to unlock it for 11m. It's not general coverage. There's 4 10m positions. It has only cw and ssb so I don't see why it has the 29.5mhz positions since no FM
If anyone knows how let me know.

NO PLL to unlock...you will need to kill part of 10m band segments and replace crystals and realign band segments for 11m operation
I've never dealt with a pto tuned radio. It has a pretty nice rx. Definitely can't used 29.5 mhz since it has no fm capabilities.
So that would be fine with me.
Very quiet rx but does drift per spec at 200hz per hour.

that transceiver is not easy to modify the frequencies, and honestly isnt worth it. alot of work, time and trouble if it can be done at all, finding components etc. ten tec is the one company that likes to keep their mars/cap mods very tight lipped unless you prove to them you have your ticket.

DDS replacement or kit mod is extensive, most parts on unobtainable list now

that transceiver is not easy to modify the frequencies, and honestly isnt worth it. alot of work, time and trouble if it can be done at all, finding components etc. ten tec is the one company that likes to keep their mars/cap mods very tight lipped unless you prove to them you have your ticket.
According to them this radio was never mars cap capable. The company was bought by a douchebag who also bought alpha. He was talking stupid to people on a forum about the company's status. He's just a rich wing nutt with a attitude problem. So now days it's pretty much done. There will be no more ten tec as we once knew. Even if he makes more stuff it won't be the same . They moved both company's to Dayton Ohio.

According to them this radio was never mars cap capable. The company was bought by a douchebag who also bought alpha. He was talking stupid to people on a forum about the company's status. He's just a rich wing nutt with a attitude problem. So now days it's pretty much done. There will be no more ten tec as we once knew. Even if he makes more stuff it won't be the same . They moved both company's to Dayton Ohio.

Each band selects a crystal. The one that covers 29.0-29.5 is 14.99 MHz, schematic calls it Y9.

To cover 2 MHz lower should call for a 12.99 MHz crystal. The radio won't care which 10-meter segment you pull out. The crystal will work in the 29.5 socket in place of Y10.

Closest one on Ken's ELectronics crystal page is 12.9875. And no guarantee how far off that frequency it would show in this radio. All crystals are not created equal.

If this crystal is too far away from the intended frequency you won't be able to calibrate the radio's frequency display for that band.

Reactions: BJ radionut
Each band selects a crystal. The one that covers 29.0-29.5 is 14.99 MHz, schematic calls it Y9.

To cover 2 MHz lower should call for a 12.99 MHz crystal. The radio won't care which 10-meter segment you pull out. The crystal will work in the 29.5 socket in place of Y10.

Closest one on Ken's ELectronics crystal page is 12.9875. And no guarantee how far off that frequency it would show in this radio. All crystals are not created equal.

If this crystal is too far away from the intended frequency you won't be able to calibrate the radio's frequency display for that band.

I'll look through my box of xtals. Is Ken's still really selling xtals? There are oscillator modules you can buy in lieu of a crystal like tcxo modules sort of

I found a 12mhz xtal. I'm going to give it a go.

Ahh, twelve point zero is not the same as twelve point nine nine.

That crystal would be almost 1 MHz lower than you need to cover 27 MHz. A 12 point zero MHz crystal will get you a band that starts at 25.990 MHz to 26.490.

A 13 MHz crystal would only put the tuning dial 10 kHz off from its markings, covering 27.010 to 27.510. A 12 MHz crystal is 1.1 MHz too low to get 27MHz.

The 12.990 you need may not be readily available, but 12.0 is not terribly close. Ken had one listed a lot closer.

Reactions: Woody-202
Ahh, twelve point zero is not the same as twelve point nine nine.

That crystal would be almost 1 MHz lower than you need to cover 27 MHz. A 12 point zero MHz crystal will get you a band that starts at 25.990 MHz to 26.490.

A 13 MHz crystal would only put the tuning dial 10 kHz off from its markings, covering 27.010 to 27.510. A 12 MHz crystal is 1.1 MHz too low to get 27MHz.

The 12.990 you need may not be readily available, but 12.0 is not terribly close. Ken had one listed a lot closer.

It works to to 26.6 . I was listening to stations on 26.555lsb in south America today. It loses lock long before it gets very low in the band. It's worth using it in the 29mhz spot and then I can order a 12.8mhz for the 29.5 spot . That's what's available unless I want to do something creative. It's not worth it. But it's cool to see it will work if I want to. I've got about 16 hf radios not counting cb radios. So anyway just having fun here playing around.

025 if you like the radio why not try the dds will open the radio up .
The vfo's are not that expensive the labour installing maybe .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated