• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tested 3/21, 4/06, still no callsign?

Contact the VEs that administered the test. Their names and call-signs will be on the certificate you walked out with. You can use a call-sign search to get their address. Until the FCC gets the information they don't know you exist. The information has various routes to get there with the mail being the slowest. All routes dependent on the VEs making a timely handoff.

It does seem like a long time.

Good luck with your efforts to track it down.

KE5VYU, Mike

Edit Add: I assumed you are doing a lookup on the FCC site for your call-sign or are you waiting for the paper license in the mail. As I recall the paper came 2-3 weeks after the FCC database update.

Passed my Tech exam on 21st of March.

6th of April, still no callsign.

Who do I grouch to? Do I just call the FCC directly?

-Richard-

Contact the VEs that administered the test. Their names and call-signs will be on the certificate you walked out with. You can use a call-sign search to get their address. Until the FCC gets the information they don't know you exist. The information has various routes to get there with the mail being the slowest. All routes dependent on the VEs making a timely handoff.

It does seem like a long time.

Good luck with your efforts to track it down.

KE5VYU, Mike

Edit Add: I assumed you are doing a lookup on the FCC site for your call-sign or are you waiting for the paper license in the mail. As I recall the paper came 2-3 weeks after the FCC database update.

Yeah, I'm doing both the FCC ULS lookup for my Name and My State/Town (separately, in case they misspelled my name). Also, I have been looking at the QRZ "New Hams" list.

Not on there. =(

I'll get ahold of the VEs first.

-Richard-

The time it takes to get your callsign seems to depend on the VEs administering the exam.

I passed my exam on Sunday 3/7/2010 and I had my callsign the very next morning Monday 3/8/2010. Less than 24 hours from taking the test!

I would contact the VEs who gave the exam and ask them what is taking so long.

I know of one guy who was in the same situation, but it turns out he was using the wrong format to look up his name on the ARRL website last name first not his first name.

I've seen the local VEs here purposely hold up someone's paperwork because they know them from the CB. Kinda stupid because they processed other paperwork from the same sessions in a timely manner. Little minds playing games.

I got my ticket on a Saturday and my VE had my call sign Tuesday morning. Something is up, and the VE is the one to fix it.

Good news:
I called the FCC first anyways, because the VE wasn't available until after 6, so I decided to see if the FCC received any info.

Anddd well what do ya' know! They just listed my call today.

KD8NPB

I'm all legal now. Hope to see you guys on the air.

:)

-Richard-

Excellent!

You do have your eye on the next test (general) don't you? :D

Enjoy!

73 Mike KE5VYU

Good news:
I called the FCC first anyways, because the VE wasn't available until after 6, so I decided to see if the FCC received any info.

Anddd well what do ya' know! They just listed my call today.

KD8NPB

I'm all legal now. Hope to see you guys on the air.

:)

-Richard-

Congrats!
Glad it finally sorted out ok.

Thank you!

Excellent!

You do have your eye on the next test (general) don't you? :D

Enjoy!

73 Mike KE5VYU

Pfftt, welll yeaaahh? :D

Originally, I wasn't even interested in VHF at all. But, I guess it's kinda grown on me.

Once I start getting my base finished, I'm going to go ahead and do my general exam. Found a local guy that might be willing to sell me his Yaesu FT101E that's just kinda sitting around, collecting dust.

So yeah, once I get my 10-80m dipole hung, and an HF transceiver, then yes, I'll probably get my General ticket shortly after!

-Richard-

Grats on passing the test !! (y) General isnt to hard to get through ....the sunspot cycle is kind of low now,but there is some very good solid regional and coast to coast contacts to be made.....just give it a year or so and the good DX will start coming in (y)

There ia a couple of nets and rag chews that I check in on as time allows on 80 meters,early in the morning ..about 6:30 AM centeral and 6:30 PM on 3987.50 ...good bunch of folks....about 8:00 AM centeral on 3903 there is a local bunch that I chat with ,have known a few of them for a few years now

Hope to catch ya all on HF soon !!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.