• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TEXAS RANGER 966 AM/SSB ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
Are these radios any good ? they look simlar to the 148s / 949s ......how about performance on them ? receive ? rejection?

</p>

These are basically the same as a Galaxy 949 without the frills. Capable of channel expansion (very easy), capable of big audio. I have owned several. Problems I see....no place to install an echo board on the face. You have to drill a hole in the case. Do this as an alternative.......Buy one of those little project boxes from radio shack. Mount the box on the side of the radio (perfect size, both height and depth). Mount your echo control, 2 switches (for xtra channels) and you will still have more room to mount a potentiometer or switches for either switchable rogerbeep or a variable talkback (Cant acheive talkback like you do in your cobra 29).

thanks for the info there dirt mover . IM kind of looking for a toy box right now ( a box that I can put about 8 noise toys or so in with push buttons in the front)

Switch kit,

Stan @ Thecbshop.com In Syracuse New York sells boxes that will hold several noise toys. I am not sure the price on the boxes though.

thanks NS .....one of these days I take the time to go through a friends warehouse ,I might get lucky and find one. (-:

TheCBShop over in Syracuse NY coencidently is the inventor of the Peat/Repeat......Also heard that they are doing all the factory repairs etc on the Northpoint radios.

those pp-1s, 2s and 3s are great !!! (a little pricey) ....My guy tells me that for some reason he is having a hard time getting them right now ? ....I'd like to get 2 of the 4x20 second ones but that can get a bit expensive )-: time to start using my brain and figure out how I might be able to make my own noise toy goodies maybe out of a small mp3 player ? ....Just like the easiness of those PPs

Believe it or not, Radio Shack has a little repeat kit. I think it is a little 20 second one. I was fooling around with it and actually put it in a customers radio. It runs off of a 9v battery so no problem! It is really generic though and the sound quality isnt really good, but could be a decent start?

thanks dirt dude .I'll take a look see into that.recorder
276-1323.jpg

HMMM ? take the mic off and wire a stereo plug (mono) in it's place ,take the speaker off and wire one to audio and one to ground ......Hmmmm .......could even find a 9 volt source in the radio if need be or close enough anyway ....maybe with a little practice on my part I would think it might sound damned good ? ....you got my brain go'in now Dirt dude. (-:

You are on the right track....... The hard thing about the quality is dependent upon your volume level and clarity of what you record to it. You will have to play with it to get the levels right.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.