• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star DX 350HDV - FOR SALE

Ranch55

Jan 18, 2016
Fredericksburg, Texas
This is a USED, recently brand new, Texas Star DX 350HDV amplifier for sale.
$275.00 plus $10.00 USPS shipping ......with tracking number furnished to buyer.......
Cash only, or USPS money order ...... I prefer cash.
No guarantee or warranty is implied nor intended.
Purchase is strictly in "Condition As Is" when the buyer receives the package.......
BUT, I will say that I have used the amplifier for two days now, and it is performing very well.
It would make a very good mobil amplifier with a low drive transceiver.

It had some issues that the previous owner could not figure out, although he attempted to repair it a couple of times.
I replaced both blown 2SC2879 transistors with a matched pair of HG-2SC2879 transistors.
I replaced the shorted 1.6 ohm bias resistor with a new 1.6 ohm resistor.
I replaced the shorted 33uf 35v filter capacitor with a new 33uf 35v capacitor.
I replaced the bad 2N4125 preamp transistor with a new 2N4125 transistor.

The amplifier operates very satisfactorily now.
My bench radio to test this is a Galaxy DX-959B.
I set the am dead key at 4 watts to test. On AM and SSB, the radio has a peak output of approximately 18~23 watts.
The Texas Star 350V will output 300 watts at this setting. Photo included with Bird 43P meter with a 500 watt element in it.

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG

I saw today where BBI just posted this same exact model Texas Star amp for sale at $350 plus shipping.
Only difference is the power leads upgrade that he did.
I'll do a power lead upgrade any day for $90 ........ if it sells the amplifier ......LOL

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I was watching that vid as well.... Don't you think flooding the board with that much alcohol would seep under the transistors and dissolve thermal compound?

I was watching that vid as well.... Don't you think flooding the board with that much alcohol would seep under the transistors and dissolve thermal compound?
Well according to the words that rolled ofc of his lips, he is using "isopropic alcohol". I cannot seem to find this rare version myself, so maybe it's his special blend ?

Ranch55 you do know that the skull decal adds at least $50 value right ?

Reactions: NZ8N and Ranch55
Well according to the words that rolled ofc of his lips, he is using "isopropic alcohol".
I have heard him say that every time he is talking about it, all the while the label is in plain view stating "isopropyl alcohol" very clearly.
It just makes me cringe.

Industrial electronics distributors will sell pure isopropanol, but it's pricey.

Drug stores these days typically offer two strengths, 70% and 91%. The 91 works quite well.

Typical hardware store sells denatured alcohol. Ethanol with just enough methanol added to make it undrinkable. At least as good for most kinds of schmoo as isopropyl alcohol.

Reactions: Ranch55

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.