• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star DX-500V issue.

Aug 31, 2020
I had a friend drop off a Texas Star DX-500V for me to look at. The problem I found was the power trace that runs on the underside the front switches of the PCB was blown. I repaired that and the amplifier now turns on. I then proceeded to manually key the amp. The relay keys but the meter lamp is not turning on, which means I have no DC bias on that red wire to turn the transistor base on. Can anyone help with this? The power switch seems to be functioning normally. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230208-181048_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230208-181048_Messenger.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 21

I have not worked on the Texas Star amps much, but it would seem to me that if a trace was blown out, there is probably a component down stream of it that is shorted. Which would cause the trace to burn out.
I replaced all caps. Measured all resistors values, combiner and splitter are ok both visually and value. I'm just not getting the DC at the transformers and meter bulb not illuminating. I'm guessing the relay is switching the DC bias to power the entire bias circuit? Just looking at where it's generated to follow it thru. Thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.