• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

texas star dx500v or whiteline ???

jesse everett

Mar 1, 2019
I posted about finding a face plate for a ts dx500v, I forgot to mention it has whiteline on the face plate is this the same as the ts dx500v inside?.the only change I can see is there are no padding resisters,also is there a problem with removing the var.pot,i see no use for it as I will be adjusting the drive with my magnum 1 radio thanks 303

The control they use for the power knob is just too small. Won't tolerate the heat from the radio's drive power.

Unless you have an incredibly wimpy radio.

Makes defeating the control the only way to protect it from burnout. Fortunately, only two of the three terminals on the control are connected.

Some TS amplifiers wire that control so that it's zero ohms at max driver. For those, we just short those two terminals with a jumper wire.

Other models wire it so the control is turned up to full 100 ohms resistance. For those, we substitute a 100 ohm 5-Watt metal oxide resistor for the pot.

And if the radio is just too large for this amplifier, you still have three steps downward with the SSB and AM buttons.

I posted about finding a face plate for a ts dx500v, I forgot to mention it has whiteline on the face plate is this the same as the ts dx500v inside?.the only change I can see is there are no padding resisters,also is there a problem with removing the var.pot,i see no use for it as I will be adjusting the drive with my magnum 1 radio thanks 303

Jesse, take a look at this site, you should be able to get quite a bit of knowledge about your TS.
http://www.cbtricks.com/Amp/txstar/index.htm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated