• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

texas star dx667v

you may want to consider a 500/500v instead . if you have a radio only modulating 10 or 15 watts the 667 could be a good option . any typical radio swinging 30 watts will get all the clean power 4 2879's can produce .

what radio are you running it with ?

Turbo or not a 667 is pretty much the same beast. You can expect about 500-525 on AM and maybe a tad more on SSB. They pull just under 60 amps and are very cranky beasts that run hot. I would keep the input dead key at 1.5-2 watts with no more then 30 peak watts in. A fan is a must. I would really consider the 500V as suggested or even a MagnaForce 600.

Magna Force 600 all the way! I kinda regret getting rid of my Magna Force 900.

667v

the 667v used a 2290 driver pill. work great with single final radio's. if you have a dual final radio get a 500 or a hot plate. texas star is hard to beat. just keeps on working.

Yup, that's a nice one. They do good work. I don't think in an a real instalation you will see anywhere close to 750 watts but it will rock n roll.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.