• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star ?

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
So I was looking around for fun sort of today and notice there are no Texas Star amps on eBay or Amazon. Copper's (cough cough) claims to have some on their website but you know how that goes.
Are they temporarily sold out for lack of parts issues or what? Where is the most reliable place to buy a new one these days? I realize they have the HG Pills.

It looks like Bells CB has some. Go to the Call now at the bottom of his website.

So I was looking around for fun sort of today and notice there are no Texas Star amps on eBay or Amazon. Copper's (cough cough) claims to have some on their website but you know how that goes.
Are they temporarily sold out for lack of parts issues or what? Where is the most reliable place to buy a new one these days? I realize they have the HG Pills.
Another reason is Ebay has clanped down on CB amplifiers, so unless they are being sold as 10 meter/ham amplifiers they seem to be pulling the ads. I was also told this by a operator in the area who builds and sells on Ebay.

Another reason is Ebay has clanped down on CB amplifiers, so unless they are being sold as 10 meter/ham amplifiers they seem to be pulling the ads. I was also told this by a operator in the area who builds and sells on Ebay.
That would be correct, I had tried to list a couple rfx95 units and eBay police shut me down. Ebay po-po's hadn't been an issue for years.... Some salty snobby ham probably doing the snitching.

I tried twice and both shot down within hours so I'll just keep them!

That would be correct, I had tried to list a couple rfx95 units and eBay police shut me down. Ebay po-po's hadn't been an issue for years.... Some salty snobby ham probably doing the snitching.

I tried twice and both shot down within hours so I'll just keep them!

They must have some new employees that brought something to their attention. I stopped using Ebay when they decided to protect the buyers at ALL cost. They even protect the scammers and parts swappers. It's impossible to sell something "as is" .

Tru dat. I still will sell other items there but used electronics is risky business for sellers. Maybe better luck with ham gear but the rip-off cb'er peeps abound. See my other post about the Sri Lanka feckers .... always mad to see them be allowed to remain.

texas star does not use hg. they are still making their amps using fake toshiba transistors.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.