• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thailand - 11 meter

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
I made a young man (28 yrs) very happy today , it was his first contact into N. America.
Banana was his name.

Lots of Japan this afternoon, plus Indonesia and the Philippines.
Also had a nice 20 min. qso with a gentleman just north of Manila

Banana just sent several pictures, here is a couple. Banana is on the right.

18577316549387017003910.jpg

banana153div3.jpg

banana153div4.jpg

Last edited:

What I also found out was, he is good friends with another operator there, whom I had talked to back around 2002. So now that makes 3 contacts to that country, but I have also heard that there are of lots of new operators on 11 meters now from Thailand.

Last edited:
Great job on the contact, Larry. I have yet to hear anything from Thailand here in NW Arkansas, but hope to.

Catch you on the air.

Homer
2WR183
2CT004

In his email today, he saids he is a Banana and his full name is; W*** N****** Banana - so there you have it.......

He also sent a couple links to Youtube of him and Chai (who was my 1st contact to Thailand many years ago) of a couple activation that they did on different islands.

So I finally got to see who Chai was after all these years.......

Chai is a well know operator from Asia, many people from Europe and Asia have talked to him.

Last edited:
Simon the Wizard from CTDX has several gates on Youtube where he talked to Mr banana from the UK. I thought you were talking about the same person.

nice contact indeed, 153 div has been very strong in the UK for the last couple of weeks, managed to work a couple of stations over there recently. I was listening to the states this afternoon on 385 LSB, and to my surprise I heard a 153 div station calling for USA on the back of my beam, so he could probably hear some of you guys.

Also been listening to 114 div this aft, and most days this last week, he seems to be either on 520 or 570 USB, he has a habit of going QRT after around 20 minutes and then pops up again later on, hardly surprising because the amount stations calling from EU is crazy. He was calling for NA only this afternoon, 2SD002 was trying to get through, but unfortunately a lot of people in EU just don't seem to understand what "North America only please" actually means :(

Some great prop on 11M around at the moment, worked quite a few new divisions in Asia/Pacific myself this last couple of weeks, hopefully the good conditions will stick around for a while yet :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.