• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

That’s gonna be a tough paddle.

Yep. I learned quite early that the Nile is unlike "most" other rivers, flowing from S to N. From Giza, where the three pyramids and the Sphinx, you travel South to get to Upper Egypt (Luxor, Kings Valley, etc.) and North to the Mediterranean Sea. About the only constants are "upstream" and "downstream".

Yup. As a kid I used the Mississippi as the default mental model (all other rivers different by degree of measure, not flow pattern generally as drainage was eventually towards the south).

But, of those others (excepting the Rhine):

The Nile
The Mackenzie
The Ob

Only one figures prominently in history.

So, one is surf-skimming along trying to retain what’s maybe important about Antony vs Augustus re Cleopatra and troop movements cease to fit the puzzle, ha!

Were I Dan in that moment, the “answer” were to crack another beer and become as Falstaff, (declare), “a New river has always a New compass. Hoist the masts, sailors, and set the sheets!!”

(Are there among these Marines some truly but swabbies at heart? Heavily implied in the above).

“What say ye, Warden? What doth their countenance reveal? Are we amongst mast-monkeys, or must we employ them as tow-mules this armada to move?”

(Dilemma created with no way out; leadership re-established).

Last edited:
Yeah, but not many in the Eastern US...where we all were from.

As a kid it was ingrained in my head...”ridges run N & S, creeks (cricks) flow S”.

In the area it was true. But then again, I was pretty well dumped in the Adirondacks with a 30-30 and a Marbles compass at 14 years old...haha.
The Poteau river here in Eastern Oklahoma, just a few miles from my house ,flows from south to north.

Blah , Blah , Blah . I think you get my point by now ..... :D No power ... That vessel ain't moving ! Up stream , Down Stream or across the flow ! As far as I'm concerned " Paddle " should be right in there w/ George Carlins 7 dirty words ! :ROFLMAO: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Hey, , , I know the name of the creek on which you’re living.

Slo , Why does that H2O always get thicker in that River we speak about ? :LOL: I " Know " you have words of wisdom for that ! :whistle: All in Respect ! I'm waiting ? Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

Reactions: Slowmover
Up that creek . . without a paddle.

Keep the batteries charged. (Something we all need to do the way things are)

Fastest man out of town is running a Minn-Kota!

2NC995 has UTube video up titled, “Canoe with 5.5HP Lawnmower Engine; New River, Part II at 20 KM/H”. (Bump to 4:00 mark). Never say never.

Canoe has Genuine Beer-Steer.
Marching cadence sung at top volume. “Everywhere We Go”
Lean port or starboard at refrain.
Pop a top. Repeat.

What is it about a canoe that the line between boy & man disappears?

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.