• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

That whole coax length thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t talk trash, we just tell it straight.

You may think you are telling it straight but making general statements that simply are not true is far from telling it straight. There are some very well informed people on this forum and they are far from being stupid. Those that do not know quite so much are far from stupid and are at least willing to listen to others and learn the proper way.

Since you like to tell it straight as you say then so shall I. People with that attitude tend to not be here very long, either by their own decision or with the help of an added nudge out the door by the forum admin aka yours truly.

You added nothing useful to the topic of coax length, you cut lengths to take them out of the equation but don't care to discuss when that is or why,

if the only time you cut coax to a specific electrical length is to take it out of the equation you don't understand feedlines as well as you think you do.

Exactly Bob. People that make a statement or claim and then say they do not care to discuss the reasons why lose credibility pretty quick.

You added nothing useful to the topic of coax length, you cut lengths to take them out of the equation but don't care to discuss when that is or why,

if the only time you cut coax to a specific electrical length is to take it out of the equation you don't understand feedlines as well as you think you do.
BTW don’t put words into my mouth caption bs or whatever you’re called, I never specified what I am cutting. I understand feedlines perfectly well. And I did add something to the discussion... velocity factor. Ha ha. Keep running those 18ft runs.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
BTW don’t put words into my mouth caption bs or whatever you’re called, I never specified what I am cutting. I understand feedlines perfectly well. And I did add something to the discussion... velocity factor. Ha ha. Keep running those 18ft runs.
Geez, he brought something new to the table, "velocity factor".

I guess we all need to hit the books and try to learn what he knows!

You Americans are just too stupid. I suppose that’s why you had to shoot jfk then fake the moon landing.
I have the feeling that arcone is going to be ARRHGONE.

My main calculations on coax lengths are: Will it be long enough and fit through the required hole.

On rare occasion I will calculate the proper length of coax for a stub trap or a phasing harness.

I operate on all frequencies available to my license class and could not even begin to imagine how many miles of coax would be required.

Last edited:
I have the feeling that arcone is going to be ARRHGONE.

Yup. That didn't take too long. He was gone when he sent me the PM calling me a fuckwit and THAT was before I saw his latest posts here. :ROFLMAO:
I honestly cannot understand some people. I guess he is a legend in his own mind. Not sure why he is under the impression everyone here runs 18 ft lengths of cable all the time. I guess he should have read a bit more posts on the topic here before jumping to that conclusion.

Yup. That didn't take too long. He was gone when he sent me the PM calling me a fuckwit and THAT was before I saw his latest posts here. :ROFLMAO:
I honestly cannot understand some people. I guess he is a legend in his own mind. Not sure why he is under the impression everyone here runs 18 ft lengths of cable all the time. I guess he should have read a bit more posts on the topic here before jumping to that conclusion.

I do believe he "Jumped to Contusions". I think he might be what they call a "Primitive" down under.

Geez, he brought something new to the table, "velocity factor".

I guess we all need to hit the books and try to learn what he knows!
(Humor) -> Isn't that how much faster your car will go if you use this coax vs that coax?<- (humor)

I think this works for Range Rovers and Holden hot rods.

I'm surprised I didn't get a PM, but glad too!

I had one of my post deleted also. Probably best because it elevated him to a inflammatory level and I thought it would be best to not respond back.

Maybe he'll grow up one day and act like a civilized person.

Yep he sent me 2 pms calling me choice names LOL

Well, Heck,................. post 'em up.

inquiring minds need to know.
wall.gif

Reactions: undertaker
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.