• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

the difference of baofen uv-5R and uVv-5R plus

It's got a chrome looking front panel, and that's about it.ABCDE are all the same with case changes.What you need to look for is UV . As there are some variations that are 144 and 220 mhz . Also look for BF297 or later.

It seems like there are 15 different versions of the UV-5R out there but in reality they are all the same except for some cosmetic changes and firmware. None of them have any different output, except for the aforementioned 220 option on some. Output power is all the same between models.

I have a UV-5R and UV-5R+. No difference at all in how they work, and because of the faceplate, the Plus one is heavier. I actually prefer the regular Uv-5R over the Plus because of the weight. Great little HT's for the money though.

BTW, there are some BF F8+ units out there that seem to be just the same as the UV-5R. The only difference I could see was that they eliminated the band switch on the front upper right panel. I programmed one for a buddy of mine, and it had the same BF297 firmware as mine.

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.