1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

The mobile setup is almost finished

Discussion in 'Station & Mobile Pics' started by groundwire, Jun 3, 2020.

1. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Awesome thanks!

2. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

You know you are doing something when you can make the traffic lights change....

3. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Spins the roulette wheel, you mean. Hard part is to know when to let go of PTT.

4. groundwire

groundwire Sr. Member

Huh? :confused:

5. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

To change the traffic light......

6. groundwire

groundwire Sr. Member

Ah, ok gotcha

Crawdad likes this.
  7. Shadetree Mechanic

Try not to land on a 4 way green. :whistle:

Slowmover, ForestRunner98 and Crawdad like this.
  8. groundwire

groundwire Sr. Member

well the havis center console came in, pretty darn nice. had to buy filler plates and equipment brackets i forgot about and now i have to wait on those as well as paying waaay more on shipping than i would have if i ordered it all at once. plus apparently havis makes their parts to order so you have to wait up to 4wks for them to ship it, pshh. hahaha, my $300 center console is now a $550 console with it all said and done lol. oh well, its gonna be sweet. i will post pics of the install as i go.

#23 groundwire, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  9. groundwire

groundwire Sr. Member

20210724_134030.jpg Got the new alternators in today. 1200 amps of keydown power. Next i gotta put the console and radio stuff in. More pics on that to come.

10. Shadetree Mechanic

Those alternators look great. You won't be disappointed with Mechman, all the big car audio guys have been running those.

Slowmover and groundwire like this.
  11. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Pfft...only 1200 amps??

I want an alternator than can power a 4 pill easily!! LOL That’s awesome Groundwire! Can you feel the load those have on your motor when driving?

Slowmover likes this.
  12. groundwire

groundwire Sr. Member

No not at all. Only three mech's on a slightly performance moded chevy v8. Now if it were 4 or more leese Neville's then yea, it would take some power to drive them all.

13. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Leece-Neville. That was The Big Iron in an A38 Dodge Police Pursuit expected to run everything while on dashboard-controlled high idle.

The optional high output alternator of the day (required for air-conditioning) was 60A on a V8-440/4V.

The L-N piece was a whole nother universe. One wanted to look under the hood of Highway Pursuit vehicles not for the engine, but for all the rest which could stand up to the hardest use. Cars like that crossed the line to where commercial boats and most any airplane resided: has to work; Radio foremost.

#28 Slowmover, Jul 25, 2021 at 1:41 AM
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021 at 1:47 AM
    Shadetree Mechanic likes this.