• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The mobile setup is almost finished

well the havis center console came in, pretty darn nice. had to buy filler plates and equipment brackets i forgot about and now i have to wait on those as well as paying waaay more on shipping than i would have if i ordered it all at once. plus apparently havis makes their parts to order so you have to wait up to 4wks for them to ship it, pshh. hahaha, my $300 center console is now a $550 console with it all said and done lol. oh well, its gonna be sweet. i will post pics of the install as i go.

Last edited:
20210724_134030.jpg Got the new alternators in today. 1200 amps of keydown power. Next i gotta put the console and radio stuff in. More pics on that to come.

Pfft...only 1200 amps??

I want an alternator than can power a 4 pill easily!! LOL That’s awesome Groundwire! Can you feel the load those have on your motor when driving?
No not at all. Only three mech's on a slightly performance moded chevy v8. Now if it were 4 or more leese Neville's then yea, it would take some power to drive them all.

Leece-Neville. That was The Big Iron in an A38 Dodge Police Pursuit expected to run everything while on dashboard-controlled high idle.

The optional high output alternator of the day (required for air-conditioning) was 60A on a V8-440/4V.

The L-N piece was a whole nother universe. One wanted to look under the hood of Highway Pursuit vehicles not for the engine, but for all the rest which could stand up to the hardest use. Cars like that crossed the line to where commercial boats and most any airplane resided: has to work; Radio foremost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated