• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The new 2970N2 radio ?..

What size power supply does this radio need to run off of ?...

And u guys who runs this radio, how does it actually do ?..

i rarely have to call more than once on ssb! this thing gets out . sounds good with stock mic and is so clean it even makes a power mic shine without the distortion. but mine was prof. tuned . also i only run it at half power .

I would also recommend you get the power dialed back if you ,like to rag chew
other wise you are gonna smoke this thing . running it at half power i hear no differance in loudness , so no worries there .

Reactions: 1 person
i rarely have to call more than once on ssb! this thing gets out . sounds good with stock mic and is so clean it even makes a power mic shine without the distortion. but mine was prof. tuned . also i only run it at half power .

I would also recommend you get the power dialed back if you ,like to rag chew
other wise you are gonna smoke this thing . running it at half power i hear no differance in loudness , so no worries there .

Any of the Internet vendors tune yours? I was thinking about buying an N2 last night but dang they're expensive.

Oh boy! Over driving amps, and diode swaps for a problem that lies elsewhere in the receiver... I.F. filters, and entirely too much gain in the front end. I'm going to crawl under a rock now.

Get an alinco sr8t or a kenwood ts-50 if you can find one. No tune and peak crap needed.
Best advice ever! Seriously if you are looking to get his radio because you want the big "am" cb sound, to drive an amp so you can be 1 "pound" louder than your friends go for it. If you’re looking for a good radio to talk ssb and work 10 meters, you claim to hold a tech ticket, then look elsewhere. If you are a ham this radio offers nothing if you ever want to upgrade. Again its not a bad radio but as will all exports it needs tuning to just work right, tuning that if not done right will hose the rig.

Good luck in your search but if I were you I would seriously consider the advice above.

No sir there is a guy in nw Indiana at the flying j on exit 240 . Named Howard .
That has been tuning radios for 30 years .
I have had him tune 11 of my radios and they all wrk great .
If he tunes your radio he gives lifetime warranty on all his work . He will even fix them for free if they break In the future .
I'll try to get you his phone number . This guy is one of the best in the country . No one else will ever touch my radios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys, who is talking about over driving my amp....

I ran my radio with a 1 watt dk, going into a MS 250 which this amp on the low side would dk 10 watts, swings around 200-225 watts....going into the 4 pill hd amp.....and the 4 pill HD ran it at a 225-250 watt dk and let it swing from there.....this setting is what the paperwork called for to run and for the amp to perform at its best..I ran this with a Cobra 2000 for several years with good success...

Don't no how much of the watts was going out the antenna since it was 625ft back on the mountain....but it did talk dx very well..

Since my antenna has been here at the shack, it hasn't had any fire in the wire......its been here at the shack for a year or so now..

Yes, I do hold a tech ticket here, and did enjoy talking dx with 15-20 watts on the 10m band...what time I ran that 2995dx radio...this is why I like the RCI radios, there clean sounding on transmit and the receive side....

You asked "Who said I was over driving my amplifier?"

Then you said "
I ran my radio with a 1 watt dk, going into a MS 250 which this amp on the low side would dk 10 watts, swings around 200-225 watts....going into the 4 pill hd amp.....and the 4 pill HD ran it at a 225-250 watt dk and let it swing from there.....this setting is what the paperwork called for to run and for the amp to perform at its best..I ran this with a Cobra 2000 for several years with good success..."

You answered your own question... YOU did. First of all, it isn't "swing". It's positive carrier shift. Also, ignore what "paperwork" the builders of these splatter boxes told you. You are supposed to be a ham and know better. Always use 1:4 ratio on AM. Meaning, a 100 watt carrier, and 400 watts peak. (assuming 400 watts is the most the amplifier will do without going into gain compression)

Hey Radioguy772, I hold a Tech ticket here, that's all I have....and what little Ive talked on some parts of the 10m band Im only legal to use up to 200 watts....no more than this as I recall.....and I haven't talked on the 10m band since I sold the 2995dx I had....

The amps I used to have was all used on the 11m band and that's all....
I ran my amps according to what it called for from the XF site....and I also know u guys don't like those amps, but me Ive ran those XF amps since 2009 and have gotten good service out of them and good service after the sell..

Im sure you guys don't like the XForce amps, why I don't no.....but that's all Ive ran here for years...but haven't bought any of there amps newer than a 2009 model....cant say anything about the amps they built after 2009..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.