• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

the new Copper forum?

Excellent link Cap'n...

This one is a decent read:
How To Write a Product Review - How To

That link is similar to the format that I use. I feel that pictures are a great way to connect ones review. Either take your own pics - or use factory pics - or both. Get inventive with style but stay true to form. Doing your own pics is easy with a cheap digital camera AND a tripod. A cheap $20 tripod is fine. I use a Canon XTi and the 'nifty fifty' 50mm f/1.4 lens - which is great for low-light conditions and keeping the background out of focus while keeping the subject razor sharp.

Excellent link Cap'n...

This one is a decent read:
How To Write a Product Review - How To

That link is similar to the format that I use. I feel that pictures are a great way to connect ones review. Either take your own pics - or use factory pics - or both. Get inventive with style but stay true to form. Doing your own pics is easy with a cheap digital camera AND a tripod. A cheap $20 tripod is fine. I use a Canon XTi and the 'nifty fifty' 50mm f/1.4 lens - which is great for low-light conditions and keeping the background out of focus while keeping the subject razor sharp.

All have is the Canon XSi/450D with the standard 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 image stabilized lens and a Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6 tele-macro lens. It'll do for now however. :D

All have is the Canon XSi/450D with the standard 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 image stabilized lens and a Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6 tele-macro lens. It'll do for now however. :D

The image stabilized lens will be fine; although at the apertures available might not permit a strong out of field focus effect. One way around that is to keep the background interesting but not too busy. Lighting is always an issue with a subject that gives off its own. More backlighting will compensate. Just some thoughts. Do you have a tripod?

There are two questions that haven't been answered yet: 1. Why don't we call the thread title something besides "review"? The answer is that it has to do with how people find information for products. I'd rather not go into a ton of details on it, but it is actually kind've important.

2. Why not have a reviews sections? We've thought about that and toyed with the idea. Currently it is a bit difficult to find the actual review without using the search feature, One problem with having those posts in a "review" section is that the regular sections might not get used that much. However, I am working on a new way to organize the site to categorize and find these types of threads easier. It will take a little time to get going, but I think everyone will like it once it's finished.

I was a member at the Copper forum. Guess I still am. Dunno. Don't care. It seems a "coward moderator" didn't like me and would not allow my posts. Days would go by and my posts would never be approved. I complained to the administrator and the post would show- only to be denied again on the next post. As far as I am concerned- the copper forum is the worst on the web. Period.

I was a member at the Copper forum. Guess I still am. Dunno. Don't care. It seems a "coward moderator" didn't like me and would not allow my posts. Days would go by and my posts would never be approved. I complained to the administrator and the post would show- only to be denied again on the next post. As far as I am concerned- the copper forum is the worst on the web. Period.

;-)

"Quote:
Originally Posted by LOX

;-) "

;-) et al......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.