• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

THE NEW MAGNUM ONE

Actually it's really a stupid review. The guy should have ordered the radio from a quality shop that does good tech work. When it arrived it would have been converted, tuned, and aligned and ready to talk. He spends the first half of the review griping that it's only a 10m radio and he does not know how to convert it. There are much better actual reviews of this radio out there. All that said I will stick with my Magnum Deltaforce, S45HP, and 257HP. I really don't care for the look of this radio.

What side of the bed did you wake up on this morning!!

Reactions: Mudfoot
If the radio doesn't sell very well, the price may drop. Wait til around Christmas and see what happens. So many clones of these radios coming out that it's almost inevitable. I could be wrong though.

I don't really buy get into the 10 Meter or glorified CB Radios but I have read really good things about these radios and have a few friends that run them and run them on 10 Meters and they all said they are totally rock solid on SSB which is most important to me along with audio quality and they said even with the STOCK MICROPHONE!! So to beable to run it out of the box with what it came with to start out atleast without having to rifle through 10 different microphones to find one that actually sounds good or atleast sounds acceptable is huge!!! I seen what their selling for then seen my cost through my wholesaler and was thinking this is one I may actually take advantage of to buy and try ;) I also was looking at those little chassis Anytone 6666.

Reactions: 222DBFL
I haven't heard or had anyone tell me they were one the new Magnum 1, but I did speak with a gent while DX'ing that was using the Anytone 6666, and he sounded very good to me. When I say sounded good, he was clean and clear and ON frequency. I stil like my Yeticom MK3, but they aren't made anymore, so most have to just find a different radio. The magnum 257HP's I had, which were 3 total, one survived. The other 2 are done for now. One is totally in pieces, keeping only what needed as the CPU and other components were toasted.
2nd one I sold. And the last one I got, which was from GI JOES as they were the only ones that had any, I had to pay $35 extra to have them convert it! What a joke as I did both my other 2 radios without any issue!! And they were suppose to tuned and aligned it as well. Not so. Center slot on SSB is off. And then I had a bad mic wire which has now burnt the last radio, and it's not working. If only they had built it with some better parts, and made a few small changes. The screen at night would kill your eyes!! I like the more Amber/orange type displays. Anyway, the magnum one appears to be of better quality build wise as they just used the clone chassis, added some of their components and slapped their name on it. Good radio for the price if you really think about it. Not sure what the AT6666 goes for, but im sure it's about the same as the magnum 1.
I have just found that HF radios work best for SSB use. And for what I paid for my base, which is an Icom 746 freshly back from Icom service center, with all bugs worked out, I am not complaining one bit. I still have my optima mk3 for mobile use and swear by it. I use it with a magnaforce 350HD, and it gets great reports!! But again, they are no longer available. Yes some had issues. But for what it's worth the amount of posts I have ever seen about any issue was either user fault, or factory fault. The radios themselves are one heck of an 11m SSB radio with a good antenna and the old Icom HM36 made in Japan hand mic. Sorry to post a text wall.
But from all accounts with the Anytone 6666 anyways, and from what I have heard as far as audio quality. For what it is. It sounded pretty good. Dead on frequency and natural voice. Just my experiences. And oh yes, I do like the magnum power mics a lot as well, the stock 257HP ones. Hopefully they sent a similar type with the magnum 1.
And it's nice to see you back around. Hope all is well and have a god day.
73 & God Bless.
222 Daytona Bch, FL
Sean.

All of these radio's have crappy menu driven systems that no one could work while driving down the road. The beauty of the RCI2950, HR2510, Uniden Grant XL and the like was that you could actualy use them with out taking your eye's off the road for the most part. Location mattered but they either had a single function button or at the worst twin control knobs. The amount of double function keys was kept to a minimum and they had almost no menu to speak of. Simple switches Dim/Bright Ch9/19 NB/ANL Hi/Lo No dancing through a menu 3 levels deep to dim the display.

All of them have cheap wide noisy crystal filters and the switches and channel selectors are usually cheap and flimsy and feel cheap and flimsy. For the price we pay for these radio at the very least the switches and pots channel selectors should all be very solid!

All of these radio's have crappy menu driven systems that no one could work while driving down the road. The beauty of the RCI2950, HR2510, Uniden Grant XL and the like was that you could actualy use them with out taking your eye's off the road for the most part. Location mattered but they either had a single function button or at the worst twin control knobs. The amount of double function keys was kept to a minimum and they had almost no menu to speak of. Simple switches Dim/Bright Ch9/19 NB/ANL Hi/Lo No dancing through a menu 3 levels deep to dim the display.

All of them have cheap wide noisy crystal filters and the switches and channel selectors are usually cheap and flimsy and feel cheap and flimsy. For the price we pay for these radio at the very least the switches and pots channel selectors should all be very solid!
imho the magnum 1 is the least menu driven radio. it has some knobs . and the features that are on the menu are types that u set it and forget it.if ya need a small radio i think its a good choice ,and i hate menu driven radios but this one isnt too bad.if ya got extra room and dont want a menu driven radio at all then id say the best option in that case is a 2950dx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated