• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

the next CBtricks?

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
Hi all,

yes, i know there is already a thread for all CBtricks related info, but i thought this was different enough to warrant its own discussion so those other threads don't get hijacked. Mods let me know if you disagree.

While searching around for some old schematics to help a friend, i ran across a little directory driven site called
cbradioinfo.com

This definitely seems to be a site set up by someone who knows the current goings on with the old site. I didn't get the impression that they were trying to make any money off of it, so i decided to click through a bit.

the radio info seems to be there, and the mosfet experimenting pages seem to be too. I had some trouble with the mic section, but that seems to be fixed now.
so not everything is in there, but my guess is that it just takes time.

looks like we might also have a way to upload info!
LC

I am going to guess that the contents from the 9GiB rar file were uploaded here.

That's good to see...

Now are we (Former CB Tricks members) going to be getting kicked off of here so the Amateurs can have their site back?

Er, Excuse me... I mean...

ASKED to leave, to go to that site...

I'm trying to figure out how we could mark the day when the vary last ham who was never on 11 meters finally becomes a Silent Key.

50 years ago when I was first licensed there were still plenty of 'old' hams who resented the FCC taking "their" 11-meter band and giving it to a gaggle of mail-order licensed cretins. Didn't need to take any test to license a CB, just send in a form with your money. Left a bad taste in the mouth for a lot of hams at the time.

Fast (yeah!) Forward 50 years, and an increasing percentage of licensed hams either started on CB or operated both.

Eventually the last licensed ham who never had anything to do with CB will be gone.

But I just don't see how we could mark that day.

On the other hand, how many hams simply won't admit to their CB experiences? That might muddy the water a bit.

Well Nomad, here's what we can do. every week we will go on to QRZ and ask about converting a Cobra 139XLR to 10 meters and running it with a Maco amplifier.

once the comments don't include a four character vanity call blasting us for such sacrilege, we'll know to send our condolences to the latest SK.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.