• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The SR-955 HPC 10 to 12 meter radio.

Export radios are junk.... not worthy of CB band OR ham band. Get a good CB radio or an HF rig and call it a day.

~Cheers~

And these radios are all just clones of the 20 that came out before it, built in the same case with the same basic boards. All with different names and maybe one more or less features and prettier LED lights but the same outrageous prices. It's Ground Hog Day in the export CB radio world!

Reactions: n8fgb
:LOL: you guys know exactly what I mean...

CB: 54,474, 69,867, 53,115
vs
Ham: 29,039, 2,368, 22,908, 13,772, 17,075, 1,445, 3,194

It's okay. All radio related items are good enough for me (y)

Am is completely dead Down under ,cant give away an Am radio let alone sell one( people still try on ebay though) The only time we hear Am signals is when the band is open and we get the superbowl 4chs wide.America and Mexico only nothing else.
Europe and the rest of the world have moved on, even the Taiwanese fishing boats run SSB or FM

Searched from...CB General Discussions...
54...Threads... containing the words "NOISE TOYS"
94... Threads...Containing the words "Loud Modulation"
127...Threads...containing the words "Splatter"

Let's say average 10 posts per thread(which when reviewed is low)...
that's 2,750 posts containing those words alone...
I am sure they are all very informative and contain an abundance of very important information.
Now not to say every thread or post in any forum category contains 100% useful information...
But Please those totals you posted hold no water to validate your point.
Ok that's my $0.02
Enjoy
All the Best
Gary

Last edited:
Searched from...CB General Discussions...
54...Threads... containing the words "NOISE TOYS"
94... Threads...Containing the words "Loud Modulation"
127...Threads...containing the words "Splatter"

Let's say average 10 posts per thread(which when reviewed is low)...
that's 2,750 posts containing those words alone...
I am sure they are all very informative and contain an abundance of very important information.
Now not to say every thread or post in any forum category contains 100% useful information...
But Please those totals you posted hold no water to validate your point.
Ok that's my $0.02
Enjoy
All the Best
Gary
You didn't tally up how many times SWR'S (SW-RRRRRRRS) was mentioned!

Reactions: 222DBFL
Ohh its a contest... got it.... still who uses AM anymore? Wait I know, CB's that like to their watt meters to swing and the modulation meters ping all the way over? The ones with the mod kits and amp mikes turned all the way up? I have listened to AM on 11 meters recently and I still say who uses AM anymore as its a waste land of noise toys, echo and overly driven radios. At least its this way here in Chicago. If you run AM and are not part of what I said above then I apologize for grouping you in to the rest of the lot.

I am being sarcastic of course as there are plenty of Hams that run AM on 75 meters. Who am I though just the big bad ham that gave up on AM 30 years ago even when I was still an 11 op.
What is it with ham operators talkin crap always getting on this high horse like there better in some way, why is it ham operators always end up on 38 lsb and on cb forums is it to make themselves feel better, and always jabbing some sorta reference to 11 meters , I feel in some sorta way they might be jealous of cb 11 meters cause we can be such free spirits and a lot of ham operators are complete dicks, it’s plain as day what dicks you all are ,
BBBBiiiigggggggBlack Wavviinnn that big Hand,
New haven C.T.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.