• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The SR-955 HPC 10 to 12 meter radio.

What is it with ham operators talkin crap always getting on this high horse like there better in some way, why is it ham operators always end up on 38 lsb and on cb forums is it to make themselves feel better, and always jabbing some sorta reference to 11 meters , I feel in some sorta way they might be jealous of cb 11 meters cause we can be such free spirits and a lot of ham operators are complete dicks, it’s plain as day what dicks you all are ,
BBBBiiiigggggggBlack Wavviinnn that big Hand,
New haven C.T.
Its really too bad when someone can't see the humor in something and quickly take offense to it. You might want to lighten up a bit in life. My post was based on what I heard here in the Chicago area listening to 11m am. Maybe its better in other parts of the country but here its all high power spatter boxes.

We hams have our issues as well, tune to 14.13 sometime and you will her worse than 11m, or some of the crap on 80m. Nobody's perfect and there are those that make it look bad for others but clearly my post was purely sarcastic in nature.

As for the "dicks" comment... I will just let it go.. it's not worth commenting on.

Last edited:
Its really too bad when someone can't see the humor in something and quickly take offense to it. You might want to lighten up a bit in life.
Now you damn Hams are telling us to lighten up that's code for you think we are all Fat? What You think is that we are all fat hairy chested red necks sitting on the couch clutching our D104's and our bibles don't you? Well, don't You? LOLOLOLOLO!!!!!

Now you damn Hams are telling us to lighten up that's code for you think we are all Fat? What You think is that we are all fat hairy chested red necks sitting on the couch clutching our D104's and our bibles don't you? Well, don't You? LOLOLOLOLO!!!!!
Well aren't you? LOL I think it was question 10 on the Extra exam, something like true or false all Cb's are fat and lazy... I got that question wrong.

I think the Anytone at-6666 is a slightly better radio for half the price with a real VFO.
It's awesome on ssb

at-6666-2.jpg
I second this opinion.

I like the lincoln2, nice compact, clean audio and nice power. My complaint is the receiver to me is harsh. It will pick up distant stations on sideband but strong signals sound distorted and I have to turn the rf gain down.
The Lincoln has everything a cb'er/ freebander needs. It is easy to jump around on this radio using the memory.

I may get my usual cb guy to see if he can tone the recieve down a bit

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
What is it with ham operators talkin crap always getting on this high horse like there better in some way, why is it ham operators always end up on 38 lsb and on cb forums is it to make themselves feel better, and always jabbing some sorta reference to 11 meters , I feel in some sorta way they might be jealous of cb 11 meters cause we can be such free spirits and a lot of ham operators are complete dicks, it’s plain as day what dicks you all are ,
BBBBiiiigggggggBlack Wavviinnn that big Hand,
New haven C.T.

Apparently you did not read all of his post or if you did you failed to understand it. Watch the name calling too BTW. Not all hams are as or do as you say.....in fact a small percentage do. Dicks come in all flavors and with your post you are pretty close to being the flavour of the week.

Plain and simple. I have been a licensed Ham Radio Operator for 27 years-I have been a CB Enthusiast for 45 years. I have Ham Equipment and CB radios. I like all radio communications! I do not apologize for this.

"You do not have to apologize for your opinions but you may have to apologize for your actions" (My Father 1970)

To each his own! Converted 10meter exports, classic 1970's CB's, Top of the Line $5000.00 Ham radios……………Whatever it takes!

73's
David

I did operate 11 meters form 1973 to1990 after that I got my ticket and never went back. I have listened a few time but have not tx'ed on 11 since 90

Sounds like the same thing I did. Used to DX a lot on SSB between 27.405 and 27.995. Got my ticket in 1990 and haven't been back there since.

Reactions: w9cll
Ohh its a contest... got it.... still who uses AM anymore? Wait I know, CB's that like to their watt meters to swing and the modulation meters ping all the way over? The ones with the mod kits and amp mikes turned all the way up? I have listened to AM on 11 meters recently and I still say who uses AM anymore as its a waste land of noise toys, echo and overly driven radios. At least its this way here in Chicago. If you run AM and are not part of what I said above then I apologize for grouping you in to the rest of the lot.

I am being sarcastic of course as there are plenty of Hams that run AM on 75 meters. Who am I though just the big bad ham that gave up on AM 30 years ago even when I was still an 11 op.
Here in the Pacific Northwest if you spend any time out in the woods you will most likely get runover by a log truck unless you have and are using your AM radio.

I gave up Ancient Modulation:p also like 20+ yrs ago for communication
But still listen to it on "SPORTS" radio in the truck...SOMETIMES....:)
Surrius / XM ...digital audio is far Superior though than even AM or FM..
I personally cannot stand listening to talk or music on sirius xm, too many compression artifacts make it unbearable to my ears.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated