• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

the_mod

The coolest thing Farmer Dave made was a one-piece PCB that required no soldering to replace the front board on a Galaxy DX-959. The module not only had the_mod, but also a 6-digit frequency counter.

Apparently it's prototyped and working, except Dave decided no one would pay $150 to update a $150 radio. So he abandoned it as cost prohibitive.

Personally I think an easy Plug&Play update to the 959 would have been cool and I would have bought it. I hope he reconsiders and at least makes one run.

Just how many channels do you actually need in a Cobra 2000 GTL?

As many as you can get!

If you could get 500hp out of your engine, you might not need it but if the day comes along you need it and you got it, makes it all the better.

Plus the "Mod" adds value to your radio without drilling holes and putting extra knobs and switches etc. in it.

Farmer Dave has made the self install even easier. Now you dont have to solder the channel selector board. The kit comes with an encoder. So now all you have to do as far as that goes is Take out the original channel selector and replace with the provided encoder. Before you make a decision check out the yahoo group first. Dont go just by whats typed here. One thing about this Farmer Dave updates and revises the "Mod Board" each time makeing the self install much much easier unlike any other kits on the market today. Most other kits devalues your radio. (holes from switches and knobs etc..) The "Mod" adds value. The arguement is simple. If your buddies cant go to the freqs you can travel. Then stay where you both can communicate or get them to upgrade their radio. I dont understand how one can put the "Mod" board down because his buddy cant travel to other freqs but then advertise another channel board. Just check out the featurees of the "Mod" and I'm sure you'll be impressed. If you dont feel comfortable doing the install yourself you can email Tim snakeradiosinc@cox.net for more info and priceing on him installing it for you. He and Farmer Dave, the inventor of the "Mod Board" work closely together.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
Farmer Dave has made the self install even easier. Now you dont have to solder the channel selector board. The kit comes with an encoder. So now all you have to do as far as that goes is Take out the original channel selector and replace with the provided encoder. Before you make a decision check out the yahoo group first. Dont go just by whats typed here. One thing about this Farmer Dave updates and revises the "Mod Board" each time makeing the self install much much easier unlike any other kits on the market today. Most other kits devalues your radio. (holes from switches and knobs etc..) The "Mod" adds value. The arguement is simple. If your buddies cant go to the freqs you can travel. Then stay where you both can communicate or get them to upgrade their radio. I dont understand how one can put the "Mod" board down because his buddy cant travel to other freqs but then advertise another channel board. Just check out the featurees of the "Mod" and I'm sure you'll be impressed. If you dont feel comfortable doing the install yourself you can email Tim snakeradiosinc@cox.net for more info and priceing on him installing it for you. He and Farmer Dave, the inventor of the "Mod Board" work closely together.

LOL, so, now who's copping who?? Most of the above quoted ideas have been taken from DigiMax Lite from
http://www.circuitdomain.com/Shop/product_info.php?products_id=41
design just so the mod can stay alive hahaha... The truth is that DigiMax Lite and couple of other designs (not going to mention as I have no issues with the authors) were there years before 'the mod' joined the 21st century. Do a quick search for keyword "farmer fail" and you will see a lot of dissatisfied people out there... Forget 'the mod' and get a 'Real Mod' ..

Latest greatest with this setup but needs a little TLC... Cobra 142GTL...

But I have a Cobra 2000GTL with same mod on topic here and a Cobra 148GTL.

See pics!

73's - Retro

Attachments

• Cobra 142 GTL with expanded freqs and alphas 6.jpg
    Cobra 142 GTL with expanded freqs and alphas 6.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Cobra 142 GTL with expanded freqs and alphas 7.jpg
    Cobra 142 GTL with expanded freqs and alphas 7.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 6th 2000GTL and CUSTOM all blue 9.jpg
    6th 2000GTL and CUSTOM all blue 9.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 6th 2000GTL and CUSTOM all blue 10.jpg
    6th 2000GTL and CUSTOM all blue 10.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 148GTL Custom BLUE with The Mod 192ch version 25.jpg
    148GTL Custom BLUE with The Mod 192ch version 25.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Holydvr
I was in the The_Mod group until the very end. I remember for the most part what went down. I still have an unbuilt original!
Me as well but I suppose the group is no more because Yahoo won't let me follow the link even for my email to the group as I wanted to go to the files and make sure I have everything people offered up but no luck.

Reactions: Holydvr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated