• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is Ham Radio

Very cool. The only thing they didn't have was a fella falling off a ladder while putting up an antenna like I did today. Didn't break my back, pelvis and hip but sure feels like I did. Getting out of bed tomorrow morning will be interesting.

Loved the video!
Buddy there is a time to delegate the hazardous duty to those with younger bones. If no relatives some body who needs a little cash. With all of the bad luck I have with broken bones I'm not crawling up a ladder or walking around on the roof. I don't heal as quickly as I once did.
Hope you did not break anything at all.

Buddy there is a time to delegate the hazardous duty to those with younger bones. If no relatives some body who needs a little cash. With all of the bad luck I have with broken bones I'm not crawling up a ladder or walking around on the roof. I don't heal as quickly as I once did.
Hope you did not break anything at all.

Thank you.
As expected, getting out of bed this morning was a major undertaking. Lying and walking is okay. Bending over, that's a whole other story. Will see how I progress before going to doctor.

I'll tell you about a discovery I made while recovering from a bike crash way back when.
If you are trying to get up from bed or easy chair and you hit a catch point, don't torture your self by moving slowly through the pain. Make a fast transition through the pain to get past the hitch point. Yeah it will still hurt but it's over fast and once vertical the pain will lessen. Do not do this with broken bones! And check with your Doctor before attempting.

Reactions: walterjn and S&W357
I'll tell you about a discovery I made while recovering from a bike crash way back when.
If you are trying to get up from bed or easy chair and you hit a catch point, don't torture your self by moving slowly through the pain. Make a fast transition through the pain to get past the hitch point. Yeah it will still hurt but it's over fast and once vertical the pain will lessen. Do not do this with broken bones! And check with your Doctor before attempting.

Pretty sure nothing is broken. Hot whirlpool baths really help (temporarily) so am guessing it's muscle related. Tried the quick method. Almost passed out from the pain but it was over in a sec. Choosing between the two is kinda like deciding between the electric chair and a firing squad. Neither one is really preferable. :)

Pop a big fat Percocet 30 minutes before getting out of bed. Of course, if'n you ain't got one, then take it slow.

Don't have one. Have Aleve, and Arthritis Strength Tylenol. Both seem to do pretty good. I just have to decide if I prefer internal bleeding or liver damage. :whistle:

Hope you get better Riverman71. I'm getting to an age I wonder how long I will be able to successfully navigate ladders. Being a satellite installer has kept that skill well honed but one day, yup one day... Anyway hope all goes well for your healing.

Hey Mudfoot the video was very fun. I'd say though it is time to reboot that video if they haven't already. Thanks for posting it.

Pretty sure nothing is broken. Hot whirlpool baths really help (temporarily) so am guessing it's muscle related. Tried the quick method. Almost passed out from the pain but it was over in a sec. Choosing between the two is kinda like deciding between the electric chair and a firing squad. Neither one is really preferable. :)
But if you got to the pain point and slowly pushed your way through it you would experience that level of pain until you got vertical. For me the difference was a long drawn out roaring growl or just a quick YIP. I taught a friend about doing it this way and he gave me a leather coat that did not fit him anymore.
Well take it easy and adapt any way you can for your comfort. Don't rush your recovery.
It takes time to get back to where you were before taking your dirt dive.

Reactions: Riverman

While I realize injuries and bodies differ, my lower back injury of almost twenty years ago was “different” after a few months. The body & brain got used to the pain. What I’m most aware of nowadays is how quickly I tire with any task involving bending over. Have learned to plan tasks differently.

The first few weeks? That called for prescription strength. While there is no free lunch (side effects), the learning curve of how much & how often made all the difference.

I couldn’t return to that job, so I found another that paid in four months what the previous paid in a year. Here’s wishing you that kind of luck!!

Ladders I still have to use. But nothing above ten feet.

Last edited:
While I realize injuries and bodies differ, my lower back injury of almost twenty years ago was “different” after a few months. The body & brain got used to the pain. What I’m most aware of nowadays is how quickly I tire with any task involving bending over. Have learned to plan tasks differently.

The first few weeks? That called for prescription strength. While there is no free lunch (side effects), the learning curve of how much & how often made all the difference.

I couldn’t return to that job, so I found another that paid in four months what the previous paid in a year. Here’s wishing you that kind of luck!!

Ladders I still have to use. But nothing above ten feet.

Am retired so plenty of time to heal.
It was an eight foot ladder in a flowerbed next to the house. Stepped off what I thought was the last step. It wasn't. Actually almost stayed upright but the raised brick flowerbed boarder behind me got me. Landed on my tailbone in the yard. So far the over-the-counter meds are doing the job. And our heating pad. Knock on wood. :whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?