• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is Ham Radio

Don't have one. Have Aleve, and Arthritis Strength Tylenol. Both seem to do pretty good. I just have to decide if I prefer internal bleeding or liver damage. :whistle:

Try a pack of frozen peas. You can refreeze them time and time again......Just don't eat 'em. Sometimes I'll use my tens unit, but eventually I end up placing the pads on my temples. Makes the lights flicker a little but I'm soo exhausted afterward I can go right to sleep.:confused::confused::sleep::sleep::sleep:

I'll tell you about a discovery I made while recovering from a bike crash way back when.
If you are trying to get up from bed or easy chair and you hit a catch point, don't torture your self by moving slowly through the pain. Make a fast transition through the pain to get past the hitch point. Yeah it will still hurt but it's over fast and once vertical the pain will lessen. Do not do this with broken bones! And check with your Doctor before attempting.
I just roll out of bed and fall on the floor. Crawl around the rest of the day.:D

I just roll out of bed and fall on the floor. Crawl around the rest of the day.:D

Had to sleep in recliner last night. Rolled out of bed and crawled to get there. Bed was full of knives. No matter which way I moved, one stuck me in the back.
Days aren't too bad. Nights are murder.

I can't tell you all how funny i find it that this thread is titled "This is Ham Radio" and is just a bunch of old guys complaining about their pains. LMAO!

The title couldn't be more true! LOL

ok ok, im just kidding and i do hope you make a fast recovery riverman.
for what it's worth, i think you might have broken something and should see a doctor soon.
LC

Reactions: Slowmover
I can't tell you all how funny i find it that this thread is titled "This is Ham Radio" and is just a bunch of old guys complaining about their pains. LMAO!

The title couldn't be more true! LOL

ok ok, im just kidding and i do hope you make a fast recovery riverman.
for what it's worth, i think you might have broken something and should see a doctor soon.
LC

Thanks, LC. If no better on Monday am headed to doc. (y)
Made it through the day today without much drama. Just hope tonight is better than last night. o_O

How are you with ibuprofen? If ok, keep it to about 800mg a dose max. No more than 2500mg a day. Maybe look into a Bemer electronic treatment. Those have helped my boss & boss' kid a lot.
Definitely hope you heal quickly Riverman.

How are you with ibuprofen? If ok, keep it to about 800mg a dose max. No more than 2500mg a day. Maybe look into a Bemer electronic treatment. Those have helped my boss & boss' kid a lot.
Definitely hope you heal quickly Riverman.

Been nearly two weeks now and am much better. Hot whirpool baths, heating pad, alternatingTylenol and Advil and sleeping in recliner. Almost back to normal. Appears I dodged serious injury. Lucky me.

Very good to hear! You've done better than I have. I learned last June that I don't bounce, I now break.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.