• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is insanity!

That is a very nice radio. Why do people pay that and more for the Gold Cobra 29? Nothing special, rare of course, but still an AM 40 channel radio. I have had people come in and drop a load on a radio I would consider outdated and junk because....."It was the first radio I ever owned" The first radio I ever owned was a PC77. Piece of junk radio inside, kinda cool because you can change the angle of the face on it. I have unfortunately purchased 5 or 10 of them, each time to be dissapointed and have spent too much money but it holds a deep place deep down there cause it was the first radio I owned. These things have sentimental values to some so if they want to pour money into it, more power to em. Mabee this will give some forum members some ideas on that old 386 Pentium in the garage! LMAO.

Hillbilly360 said:
This guy is crazy!lol I hope there's no one stupid enough to buy it.I'll have to keep tabs on this.

I have to disagree,he is smart.Look at what he stands to make. The buyer is the stupid one to offer that much especially for the empty oil can. :LOL:

Over $300 for the Grant! I have bought 4 Malaysian made Cobra 148s that were unused in the box for less than $600 on Ebay over the past 3 years.
I'll never understand that!
As far as $85 for the empty oil can goes........imagine if it was unopened. :shock:

Let me see here........I just happen to have in my possesion a rare, unused Cobra 19 Ultra III that you can't find just anywhere. I also have an EXTREMELY rare VINTAGE Thunderbolt 50 Amp that will do AM-FM and SSB! I will also throw in for free to the lucky highest bidder a most remarkable Radio Shack mobile antenna made out of the finest virgin fiberglass with a rare unobtanium magnetic mounting system that will allow you to attatch it anywhere on your vehicle.
These items are HOT! So don't wait around, bid now, bid hard, Bid fast and most importantly......BID BIG! Or you can Buy It Now for the low low price of $376,000.00 :LOL:

thedirtmover said:
That is a very nice radio. Why do people pay that and more for the Gold Cobra 29? Nothing special, rare of course, but still an AM 40 channel radio. I have had people come in and drop a load on a radio I would consider outdated and junk because....."It was the first radio I ever owned" The first radio I ever owned was a PC77. Piece of junk radio inside, kinda cool because you can change the angle of the face on it. I have unfortunately purchased 5 or 10 of them, each time to be dissapointed and have spent too much money but it holds a deep place deep down there cause it was the first radio I owned. These things have sentimental values to some so if they want to pour money into it, more power to em. Mabee this will give some forum members some ideas on that old 386 Pentium in the garage! LMAO.

Mint in the box is why , and it is a good radio. It's a passion and a love for many and many folks (unlike me ) have money to spare. I don't think the guy is crazy , look at all those guys buying those souped up 959s on ebay with all the foo foo on them , IM happy for the guy !! He has 100% feedback as well ! I understand many of us wouldn't go there , but that's just us. I personally wouldn't give you 100 bucks for that radio , but I'd I give you 50 bucks for a cosmetically beat up old 148GTL any day of the week !! I've gotten a few of those like that in my time , and everyone one of them was a virgin never touched , just used to say the least. ;) God I Love those old radios !

DTB you got that right. Just think how many people go and clean out Grandpas old garage full of junk and just set it all out for the trash. They are probably throwing away more money then what the house will sell for.

QRN said:
Hillbilly360 said:
This guy is crazy!lol I hope there's no one stupid enough to buy it.I'll have to keep tabs on this.

I have to disagree,he is smart.Look at what he stands to make. The buyer is the stupid one to offer that much especially for the empty oil can. :LOL:

You must be taking to many meds QRN!I said the buyer would be stupid to pay that much, BUT he's not the one selling the equipment!HEHE!

It sounded like you were refering to the seller as being crazy.That's why I said what I did. BTW do you have any of those meds you mentioned? My left knee is killing me. ;)

QRN said:
It sounded like you were refering to the seller as being crazy.That's why I said what I did. BTW do you have any of those meds you mentioned? My left knee is killing me. ;)

Sure!! What do ya need bro?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.