• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This makes my blood boil

True but why should they be entitled to anything other than perhaps a pension? I mean office space for a FORMER president? Travel costs for a FORMER pres? Postage costs for a FORMER pres??

Respect for the office.

They are our head of state and head of government. Regardless of the man that holds the title, it's a sign of respect that we take care of those that held that job.

Obama is an ass of the highest order, but if I met him I would still show him the respect that the office affords him. It's a matter of living in a civil society.

They are also given protection for life because they do know a lot of secrets. I don't need to know where all the bodies are buried, and I don't really want the rest of the world to find out either.

They are also given protection for life because they do know a lot of secrets. I don't need to know where all the bodies are buried, and I don't really want the rest of the world to find out either.

What you said...

And besides, didn't Biden just spend more than that on a trip to Paris? Didn't Bam spend more than that on a golf trip recently? And remember the Hawaii trip that was stupid expensive before he had to fly back to sign something.

There's a lot of waste to complain about before you get to the $3.7M for ex-Presidents however loathsome a group they may be.

Last edited:
What you said...

And besides, didn't Biden just spend more than that on a trip to Paris? Didn't Bam spend more than that on a golf trip recently? And remember the Hawaii trip that was stupid expensive before he had to fly back to sign something.

There's a lot of waste to complain about before you get to the $3.7M for ex-Presidents however loathsome a group they may be.

GWB is a billionaire......Clinton has a net worth at 200 million......Carter???? Never read anything about his net worth but it's probably peanuts compared to the other 2. LOL!
If these Ex presidents want to lead by example other than a pension, SS protection, and free medical, they should pay for everything else.

Reactions: 1 person
Respect for the office.

They are our head of state and head of government. Regardless of the man that holds the title, it's a sign of respect that we take care of those that held that job.

Obama is an ass of the highest order, but if I met him I would still show him the respect that the office affords him. It's a matter of living in a civil society.

I can agree with protection after office. No problem there for the reason mentioned. As for receiving that amount of pension as well as free this and that for life for as little as four years in office......sounds like a pretty good gig if you can get it.

I can agree with protection after office. No problem there for the reason mentioned. As for receiving that amount of pension as well as free this and that for life for as little as four years in office......sounds like a pretty good gig if you can get it.

A paralyzed 100% disabled US veteran with a wife and kid gets $3088 a month tax free and free medical/dental for life. His wife and child can get coverage for around $400 a month through the VA. Property tax exemption in most states.
That is a far cry from the compensation given to AWOL billionaire Bush and Monica "Deferment" Clinton who sure as hell don't need the money.
There is just so much wrong here it's staggering.

Reactions: 1 person
If you think it's expensive now, what do you suppose it will cost keeping the Secret Service on the globe trotting Obama's for the rest of their lives? Me think's it'll be a far cry from what it takes to look after President Carter currently.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.