• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This makes my blood boil

The mentioned pension, compensation and other benefits stem from entitlement programs enacted by Congress. They are often directed to certain groups of our population, which include the elite ëx-US Presidents, veterans, railroad workers, coal miners and others. Most were enacted with a good purpose, such as the one for veterans: “to care for the widow and the infant of the one that suffer the burden of battle (or something similar). If a person feels that one entitlement benefit serves them well, but another entitlement benefit does not serve the recipient of another program, then it is pure hypocrisy. A person must not necesarily be a “paralyzed disabled" veteran to get $3K+ per month. Most citizens would not have ill feelings to pay $3K for a veteran who has been wounded or can’t work due to combat wounds. Ask the same citizen if they will like to pay the same $3K per month (for life) to a person that just received $10K to volunteer for the Army, stepped in a hole during day one of basic training, and now is retired on 100% disability after two days or two months of basic training due to a sprained ankle, depression due to sprain ankle, lumbar strain due to bad ankles, etc If you feel the entitlements afforded to our presidents are too much, then ask Abe Lincoln, JFK, Ronald Reagan, Garfield, McKinley, Roosevelt, etc. Bottom line is that all these entitlement programs (Title 38, vets Title 5 SSA, RR, coal miners, etc) are been abused at all levels. Don’t pick on the one you ‘feel bad about’, but instead use your vote to promote changes in Congress.

George W Bush Net Worth

Admittedly a couple years old but also nowhere near the wealth of Bloomberg, Soros, Rockefeller, Feinstein, Clinton, Pelosi et.al.

At some point it's good to be correct no matter how much you dislike something or someone.

I got my info about Bush and Clinton's income on Fox News. I don't believe that low figure unless Fox was lumping all the Bush family into one.

The mentioned pension, compensation and other benefits stem from entitlement programs enacted by Congress. They are often directed to certain groups of our population, which include the elite ëx-US Presidents, veterans, railroad workers, coal miners and others. Most were enacted with a good purpose, such as the one for veterans: “to care for the widow and the infant of the one that suffer the burden of battle (or something similar). If a person feels that one entitlement benefit serves them well, but another entitlement benefit does not serve the recipient of another program, then it is pure hypocrisy. A person must not necesarily be a “paralyzed disabled" veteran to get $3K+ per month. Most citizens would not have ill feelings to pay $3K for a veteran who has been wounded or can’t work due to combat wounds. Ask the same citizen if they will like to pay the same $3K per month (for life) to a person that just received $10K to volunteer for the Army, stepped in a hole during day one of basic training, and now is retired on 100% disability after two days or two months of basic training due to a sprained ankle, depression due to sprain ankle, lumbar strain due to bad ankles, etc If you feel the entitlements afforded to our presidents are too much, then ask Abe Lincoln, JFK, Ronald Reagan, Garfield, McKinley, Roosevelt, etc. Bottom line is that all these entitlement programs (Title 38, vets Title 5 SSA, RR, coal miners, etc) are been abused at all levels. Don’t pick on the one you ‘feel bad about’, but instead use your vote to promote changes in Congress.

Every election cycle I vote against all career incumbents but they keep getting reelected.
I know a local who was sent to Vietnam and the ship was recalled (Nixon's pullout).
He never stepped foot on the mainland.
He served 4 months total and then worked for the Postal Service for 25 years. Retired with a hefty pension and then got heart problems from being major obese and smoking 4 packs of cigarettes a day for most of his life.
Went to the VA and claimed the heart problems were the result of agent orange exposure!!!!
$2700 a month from the USPS and $3000 from the VA plus social security. I did his taxes and his gross income was well over $7000 a month!!!!!!!!!! The VA almost never turns down an Agent Orange claim.
Fraud is everywhere and so much is LEGAL.
The only politician I like is Ron Paul and he gets thrown under the bus all the time.

Uncle Sam, in trying to rectify the wrongdoings to Vietnam vets, have added diabetes, heart disease and many other diseases to the list of presumptives of Agent Orange. These disabilities are more commonly associated with lifestyle choices than any exposure. The statistical data used to link these diseases to herbicides was flaky. But the big health insurance companies manipulated their way to convince politicians that it should be so. On the same gravy train, ündiagnosed illnesses and about 50 conditions are up for grabs by stepping one hour in the Gulf Theater of Ops. For PTSD, theres no need to have actually participated in combat: if a veteran says to have been scared of listening a scud missile exploding in the distance or witnessing a horrific event, it suffices to establish PTSD. WWII and Korea era veterans sought education and received an average of 30% compensation, but then returned these benefits to their nation by helping the economy to flourish. The new veterans seek & demand 100% compensation, with an average of 70% right off the bat, and then go get a crooker Rep or lawyer to add SMC or IU. Oh, by the way, they profess to 'love their nation and hate their president". How can a person say they love their nation while bankrupting the same and sucking every penny they can from it? I'm a veteran, and proud to have served. But it is a shame to see the abuses that go around with our entitlement programs.

My late father in law was retired US Coast Guard. He died 5 years ago of cancer from exposure to asbestos. Asbestos was used extensively on CG and Navy ships back then. He was told by his golfing buddies to apply for VA comp and he said no, his pension and SS were enough.
A man of honor and principles and if someone deserved comp pay it was him.
I go for kidney dialysis 3 times a week and that is absolutely nothing compared to what he went through.
As long as our politicians use wars to pay back their supporters and stimulate a narrow portion of the economy, the DOD budget will be trillions.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.