• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This May Solve Your Noise Problems - QRM Eliminator

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Have a local ham buddy who was getting killed by high noise on most HF bands. He is technically proficient and did everything else around the place to eliminate all the usual suspects that he could. He says he saw a device at HRO but thought it was pricey. Looked around and saw apparently the same thing on eBay. They are out of China but he got one and it works perfectly as advertised and with the adjustments is ..... Eliminating ALL of his noise problems on HF. There are quite a few different models but they are all like $50-70 bucks so the price seems right to try if you're plagued by noise that you can't get rid of by other means. Providing a link here to just one of them. Check them out for yourself.

It's basically the same thing as the MFJ-1026 "Deluxe Noice Cancelling Signal Enhancer" which I have used for years. The ability to remove unwanted interference will depend greatly on the RX antenna you use. If you are using two similar antennas with some separation, you can also "steer" your RX by adjusting the phase. In my installation, I use a loop run low to the ground around 3 sides of my property next to the adjacent houses. This helps eliminate noise produced by things like pool pumps, plasma TVs, etc.

Some people confuse these devices as a tool to reduce atmospheric noise, which is not really what it is. It is not DSP NR, rather, it is for phasing out an unwanted signal of some type.

I have used a QRM Eliminator made in Ukraine.

Yes it worked good to eliminate my neighbor's solar panels installation noise. On the other hand, the signal I want to come through is two to three S units lower using the Eliminator. That's my experience.

I think the secret with these lie with exactly what kind of separate Sensing-Sampling antenna you put up to work with it .... and your skill at adjusting the controls for best effectiveness. The Sensing Ant. works best if it is electrically similar to the one you are using.

Interesting...

I used the ANC-4 with particularly good results. The price for this unit is modest. The ANC-4 was quite expensive. Thankfully, my noise sources are no longer an issue.

These devices do work, but sometimes require lots of experimenting to get good results.

Reactions: Wire Weasel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated