• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thought on a Yaesu FT-100D?

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
I picked up one last weekend from a local ham who bought the radio new. It does not have a single scratch on it,no mods and came in its original box with mike and paper work. He told me that he only used the radio on 2 meter and 440 and never turned the power up.....i guess that's a good thing?

No i'm not going to do the mod to use it on 11 meters so dont worry,i did not buy it with that in mind. As soon as a test comes up close to my home i'm going to get my ticket.

I would rather have a plug in the wall rig but since i was afraid to pick one up off of eBay ( never know what your going to get ) i could not pass this one up. Anyway. What are your thoughts on this radio good or bad?

I've had one for years, great radio except for the fact that Yaesu really doesn't support it anymore. The VHF/UHF finals are weak and may go on you, it's a very common problem.

The radio is nice, I like it better than the FT 857. The only mobile HF that I like better is the Icom IC7000 which i think I might pick up next week.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.