• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thought this was interesting. Any thoughts?

I remember the Hy-Gain tape dipole back in the 60’s. It was way too expensive for me to ever consider. Making your own out of whatever materials available ruled the day. My 80 meter steel electric fence wire dipole back then worked great. The wire was usually given away for free after farmers ceased using it. I never accounted for any minor insufficiency. For practical purposes, signal reports seemed as good as any copper clad or any other wire dipoles that I made.

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
Tell that to these people. Their stainless steel wire coils work great. :giggle:

http://www.wolfrivercoils.com/

Stainless is better than just plain steel. Either way even stainless steel is not as good as if it were pure aluminum or plated with silver when it comes to electrical conductivity. Steel has a relatively high resistance compared to other metals.

Reactions: Rwb
Stainless is better than just plain steel. Either way even stainless steel is not as good as if it were pure aluminum or plated with silver when it comes to electrical conductivity. Steel has a relatively high resistance compared to other metals.

10-4. Fully concur. (y)

I just have a soft sport for Wolf River. First European contact I ever made was using their mini coil with a 102" steel whip and a wire radial. While not the best (or even close to it) when it comes to conductivity, their stainless steel coils do work. :giggle:

Reactions: Rwb
10-4. Fully concur. (y)

I just have a soft sport for Wolf River. First European contact I ever made was using their mini coil with a 102" steel whip and a wire radial. While not the best (or even close to it) when it comes to conductivity, their stainless steel coils do work. :giggle:
if it works im ok with it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.