• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thoughts on Stryker Radios

Question changed, my previous reply is irrelevant.

If you consider Stryker get allmode (am/fm/ssb)
Also ask yourself: do I need high power box, heating quickly, or maybe low power radio and external amplifier?
Personally I prefer second option. I can switch radios, power stays.
Mike
I've never ran an amp. Just too much extra you have to hide/watch out for. I just wany a great talking radio without having all the extra garb and getting it out of the way so feet don't get intwined in it.
Not interested n an amp at all but, thanks for the answer.

I've never ran an amp. Just too much extra you have to hide/watch out for. I just wany a great talking radio without having all the extra garb and getting it out of the way so feet don't get intwined in it.
Not interested n an amp at all but, thanks for the answer.

I MAY be willing to sell my V1. It's got about 6 hours of talk time on it and I never ran it wide open because I use an amp. Keep in mind I don't really WANT or NEED to sell it and it won't be cheap. But, it's plug and play, already opened to 11 meters and set up properly. PM me and we can talk.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
I MAY be willing to sell my V1. It's got about 6 hours of talk time on it and I never ran it wide open because I use an amp. Keep in mind I don't really WANT or NEED to sell it and it won't be cheap. But, it's plug and play, already opened to 11 meters and set up properly. PM me and we can talk.
What's the difference between the V1 and V2?
I haven't looked into all that yet.

Also, Greg, I don't know how to PM you. I've never done it.

I just changed my original question. Hoping for more friendly, adult answers now. Or, none at all.
It don't matter to me.
I'm only here for knowledge and learning.
Some of you may think my questions are stupid. If, so then, please don't answer.
Keep it to yourself. Thank you.
I'm sure there's some here who will answer appropriately.
Can't comment on the 955, but I had the 447 once and loved it. Regretted getting rid of it. (Not the first time I've done that.) :LOL:
If I were to get another, it would be the 955. (y)

What's the difference between the V1 and V2?
I haven't looked into all that yet.

Also, Greg, I don't know how to PM you. I've never done it.
The V1 has the adjustments on the board for power, modulation, etc. The V2 has all those adjustments in software and may be accessed via a service menu. The V1 is a little more powerful than the V2. V1 is usually good for about 85 to 90 pep. The V2 is about 65 to 70 pep.

You can use the PM function on this forum by clicking on the envelope in upper right corner. Or, I can send you one IF you like.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
A friend of mine bought a 955 in late 2020 that I own now. It was converted for 11 meter and puts out 70 watts or so but don't think it's been tweaked to max out everything thankfully. It's been a great radio and I was surprised how solid it is on ssb. I get a lot of compliments on the audio on AM and ssb. I use it in the shack with a base antenna and cheap stock galaxy hand mic because these radios don't need a power mic. No idea if it's a V1 or V2 but I've been impressed and very happy with it.

A friend of mine bought a 955 in late 2020 that I own now. It was converted for 11 meter and puts out 70 watts or so but don't think it's been tweaked to max out everything thankfully. It's been a great radio and I was surprised how solid it is on ssb. I get a lot of compliments on the audio on AM and ssb. I use it in the shack with a base antenna and cheap stock galaxy hand mic because these radios don't need a power mic. No idea if it's a V1 or V2 but I've been impressed and very happy with it.

That would be a V1

Reactions: YardDog
Well, I won't be buying another radio for quite some time now. I needed tires so, they came first. I had to order them this morning and they AIN'T CHEAP!
So, no more radios for probably 6 months to a year now. Bummer.
Oh well, had to have the tires.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
We put a set on my wife's Mazda, about $800 mounted , balanced, new TPMS installed......

Jeff

I've been looking for my Ford Edge. 245/70 18" and I can't find anything of quality for under $1100.00 now. Tire Rack has the best pricing, but then I still have to pay for mount and balance. I remember not long ago when $600 was expensive.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated