• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thoughts on these tuners

And that is the thing that goes along with what I said about reactance voltages. High SWR can cause really high reactance voltages to appear on your tuner even with only a few hundred watts. Power ratings are made assuming the impedance is such that the voltage ratings of the components is not exceeded. As for throwing a switch wbile transmitting....well you don't throw your tansmission into reverse with stopping first so why would you throw a bandswitch before you stopped transmitting?

For price I narrowed it to 3 then to the 986 and 989D as far as fussier to tune got to learn sometime but I went with the 989D seems to be good enough for upto 1500watts and so handling a beginner amp and here is were a lot will debate on it but let's call it a starter amp AL-80B series before moving to a AL-82 series.

Then maybe look as a Palstar's 4-5k

image.jpg

Reactions: 2RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.