• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Time for a new radio

coolhand

CDX-297
Jul 27, 2005
Miami, Fl.
I'm looking for lots of power and extra channels. Must be a new radio please. It does not have to be CB specific it just has to be able to get the 40 cb channels. Forgive my ignorance on the subject I have never owed a non CB radio.

side band or no side band ? trucker style or ham style ?
any particular reason why you cant have or dont want an external amp ? what do you consider lots of power ? do you have a good antenna to complement the radio . cheap radio and great antenna beats a great radio and cheap antenna everytime . dont forget good coax and a good mount and proper swr tuning .

OK should have been alittle more specific. I prefer trucker style but performance is more important. Lots of power was very vague, 50 to 150 should be more than enough. As far as the amp goes I dont want to go down that road at this time. I am using a Wilson 5000 Magnet mount for easy of removal reasons. I had always heard this was a good antenna.

Thanks

BOOTY MONSTER said:
side band or no side band ? trucker style or ham style ?
any particular reason why you cant have or dont want an external amp ? what do you consider lots of power ? do you have a good antenna to complement the radio . cheap radio and great antenna beats a great radio and cheap antenna everytime . dont forget good coax and a good mount and proper swr tuning .
Nice job Booty! These are well drafted and thought out questions!

just being a parrot MC . :LOL: seen many nebulous questions replied to in a similar manner here . hang around here and ya gotta learn something . ;) :D

coolhand how about a magnum s680 or s980 ?

coolhand said:
OK should have been alittle more specific. I prefer trucker style but performance is more important. Lots of power was very vague, 50 to 150 should be more than enough. As far as the amp goes I dont want to go down that road at this time. I am using a Wilson 5000 Magnet mount for easy of removal reasons. I had always heard this was a good antenna.

Thanks

Sounds like Connex would fit the bill nicely. A general Lee will peak around 50 and a 4600 Turbo around 150-180. Keep in mind with the radio with built in amps ie: 4600 Turbo, 4300-300, you want an swr of 1.3 or less. That goes with running any amp really. Otherwise the Connex line is "trucker" style. Where that came from who the hell knows... They are traditional in styling similar to Cobra 29's. I hear more bad about Stryker than good. My 2 cents is to forget them but it's all in what you want.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1