• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Time for change

Elmer near me started tellin me how to do this n that, but in 80s i had my license let em expire. id say id did what he would tell me but never did. I erected my antennas and when done i was getting out far n clear. 1 day i told elmer fudd what i did.he got mad i didnt do it his way which was wrong. I then proceded to tell him i kinda hung antennas before n really didnt need his money wasting bs. But im lucky as my house roof is about 20 ft from tallest point in my county.my antennas are 35 ft above roof n i get out real good. Elmer fudd cant cause he lives in a hole.
Now i got people coming up asking how i can reach out so far.my reply great antennas,wire n height is might

1 day i told elmer fudd what i did.he got mad i didnt do it his way which was wrong.
I had this happen to me as well., I talked in a group on 10meters. This guy, who had been a ham 2 years longer than me, told me not to buy a log periotic, because id never get the large beam on my tower, as i would need a crane to lift it. He said to buy a smaller one like his. I figured out a way, without the crane, sent him pics of it, and he hated me from then on. And not only that, he turned everyone else against me in the group. So;; oh well,, life go's on....

I had this happen to me as well., I talked in a group on 10meters. This guy, who had been a ham 2 years longer than me, told me not to buy a log periotic, because id never get the large beam on my tower, as i would need a crane to lift it. He said to buy a smaller one like his. I figured out a way, without the crane, sent him pics of it, and he hated me from then on. And not only that, he turned everyone else against me in the group. So;; oh well,, life go's on....
this jerk did that to me also,nobody from that group speaks to me.
10 meters was the straw that broke the camels back.
On the groups web page i posted i needed an antenna for 10 meters.
The weekly net a person said he had 1 for sale and would give his phone number to groups leader,all the while elmer fudd listened.unbeknown to me E.F. Got the number n gave it to me.
I arranged a meeting with antenna owner.we met had great discusdion.i left n E.F. Came on radio n said YOU OWE ME FOR MAKING THIS DEAL FOR YOU,he then said same thing to guy i bought antenna from. Pissed me off and that other guy.sadly E.F. Turned the story around n the guy i got antenna from wont talk to me. He has a few radios for sale id like to own but not now thanks to E.F.
A guy moved into our area month ago n he started this ELMER FUDD bs on me.i said stop before i get mad n lay off others,if we need your nickles worth we will ask

Bottom line is there are assholes in every hobby. Amateur radio, CBradio, gun ranges, race cares, fishing, knitting. You name it. One hobby is NO worse than another. People are people. Period.
very damm true fact,but why we stuck with em? They need to start an orginazation ASSHOLES ANONOMUS ( spelling might be wrong) .i despise the basturds who show up n bully to the top

Last edited:
very damm true fact,but why we stuck with em? They need to start an orginazation ASSHOLES ANONYMOUS( spelling might be wrong) .i despise the basturds who show up n bully to the top

FIFY

ASSHOLE.jpeg

Other forums on Radio fall too much into the echo chamber mode. Not that I’ve been to all of them. It hasn’t (doesn’t) kept (keep) research from being useful.

As always, find the smart guys at that forum. Isolate and read their posts. That’s the bar none fastest way to find the other smart guys (who may not post much) to ascertain the value of the web forum.

2% do all the work of an organization? (A “true-ism” bandied about in military or corporate management books). It’s distinctly applicable on Net hobbyist forums. One needn’t know much about the topic. “Smart” doesn’t mean “smart-assed” (though it’s not excluded) as there’s usually some humility associated with real brains.

If “competition” is more than a joking game, it’s true (then) that trolls are out in force. That forum needs sunlight.

Dodge diesel pickups have always been better than Ford or Chevrolet (is a fun way to light a fire).

That one could list those reasons for a given pair of decades makes no difference once emotions take over.

Web popularity waxes & wanes. There are now-ancient hobbyist forums where funeral orations are not only a mainstay, but a prominent fixture. One descends the stairs to dig thru dusty files in the basement after tipping a hat to the regulars in the lobby, bedecked in black armbands and leaning on canes.

As with on-air CB chatter (listen; catch the lingo), best to read around first. Find the way to phrase questions. First.

It’s a distinct feature to have to get mad in order to leave. McJobs, McWives, McFamily.

But it’s not them (that is the problem).

To avoid re-currence, prayer instills awareness of ones own shortcomings. How to better channel that energy (anger).

Find a choir needing your baritone.
But first do your scales.

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
Other forums on Radio fall too much into the echo chamber mode. Not that I’ve been to all of them. It hasn’t (doesn’t) kept (keep) research from being useful.

As always, find the smart guys at that forum. Isolate and read their posts. That’s the bar none fastest way to find the other smart guys (who may not post much) to ascertain the value of the web forum.

2% do all the work of an organization? (A “true-ism” bandied about in military or corporate management books). It’s distinctly applicable on Net hobbyist forums. One needn’t know much about the topic. “Smart” doesn’t mean “smart-assed” (though it’s not excluded) as there’s usually some humility associated with real brains.

If “competition” is more than a joking game, it’s true (then) that trolls are out in force. That forum needs sunlight.

Dodge diesel pickups have always been better than Ford or Chevrolet (is a fun way to light a fire).

That one could list those reasons for a given pair of decades makes no difference once emotions take over.

Web popularity waxes & wanes. There are now-ancient hobbyist forums where funeral orations are not only a mainstay, but a prominent fixture. One descends the stairs to dig thru dusty files in the basement after tipping a hat to the regulars in the lobby, bedecked in black armbands and leaning on canes.

As with on-air CB chatter (listen; catch the lingo), best to read around first. Find the way to phrase questions. First.

It’s a distinct feature to have to get mad in order to leave. McJobs, McWives, McFamily.

But it’s not them (that is the problem).

To avoid re-currence, prayer instills awareness of ones own shortcomings. How to better channel that energy (anger).

Find a choir needing your baritone.
But first do your scales.

your wrong about dodge pickups are best,they all are great till they break down,anything man made is subject to break n more than necessary. Only perfect thing is the heavenly creater

your wrong about dodge pickups are best,they all are great till they break down,anything man made is subject to break n more than necessary. Only perfect thing is the heavenly creater

Main point, agreed.

But the guys doing hotshot work with anything other than Dodge all went broke for a long, long time. Couldn’t give away a Ford in the oilfield during that period. Chevy didn’t even compete until late. Auto trans from anyone wouldn’t hold up, so it had to be a manual. The straight-six didn’t eat clutches just to get 30k rolling, and always had better fuel mileage.

Service life was 350k.

Ford & Chevy were 250k
(B50 Rating).

A medium-duty drivetrain in a light duty truck. No comparison.

Almost a 20-year run. (Better safe than sorry).

(FWIW, they’re still the only ones working from the era. I see them doing farm & ranch work in rural Texas & Oklahoma)

Got passed by (3) Third Gen yesterday. Set up for hauling personal 5th wheel travel trailers. Newest was 15-years old.

Simple choice . .
once parameters known. (That’s the problem)

As with Radio. (Helps to figure out what questions. The parameters).

On the outbound & loaded trip, I’d fly around the broke-dick Ferds. On the return (empty) I’d ask if they had cell coverage (remote areas). I’d always ask if they had a Radio. “Yes” to both, and I was gone.

That’s help in understanding the $19k listed price on the used truck I bought (3-yrs old), and that it’s worth $16k today. Thirteen years later. (Personal vehicle; different business; I had to have a plan to make it work for me. Change habits. Original everything at a quarter-million. One set of replacement tires).

Born with the badge, remember.

It’s too easy to poke others with a sharp stick.

Last edited:
Main point, agreed.

But the guys doing hotshot work with anything other than Dodge all went broke for a long, long time. Couldn’t give away a Ford in the oilfield during that period. Chevy didn’t even compete until late. Auto trans from anyone wouldn’t hold up, so it had to be a manual. The straight-six didn’t eat clutches just to get 30k rolling, and always had better fuel mileage.

Almost a 20-year run. (Better safe than sorry).
FWIW, they’re still the only ones working from the era.

Simple choice . .
once parameters known.

As with Radio. (Helps to figure out what questions).

On the outbound & loaded trip, I’d fly around the broke-dick Ferds. On the return (empty) I’d ask if they had cell coverage (remote areas). I’d always ask if they had a Radio. “Yes” to both, and I was gone.

That’s help in understanding the $19k listed price on the used truck I bought (3-yrs old), and that it’s worth $16k today. Thirteen years later. (Personal vehicle; different business).

(Born with the badge, remember.)

yes sadly newer dodge bodys dont outlast the cummins. We got 6 didge cummins powered pickups on the farm

yes sadly newer dodge bodys dont outlast the cummins. We got 6 didge cummins powered pickups on the farm

Every vehicle (of every type) now designed to fail at no more than 8-10 years, maximum. “Laws” proscribe modifications. Parts aren’t available or are inferior. Repairs cost more than “value”.

Profit has to have guarantees, you know.
(Ain’t Capitalism great! The cousin of Communism).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated