• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Time for change

Every vehicle (of every type) now designed to fail at no more than 8-10 years, maximum. “Laws” proscribe modifications. Parts aren’t available or are inferior. Repairs cost more than “value”.

Profit has to have guarantees, you know.
(Ain’t Capitalism great?!)

yes sir but go to rock auto,they got everting i need for my 1991 dodge ram 150 with rugged 318 power

Other forums on Radio fall too much into the echo chamber mode. Not that I’ve been to all of them. It hasn’t (doesn’t) kept (keep) research from being useful.

As always, find the smart guys at that forum. Isolate and read their posts. That’s the bar none fastest way to find the other smart guys (who may not post much) to ascertain the value of the web forum.

2% do all the work of an organization? (A “true-ism” bandied about in military or corporate management books). It’s distinctly applicable on Net hobbyist forums. One needn’t know much about the topic. “Smart” doesn’t mean “smart-assed” (though it’s not excluded) as there’s usually some humility associated with real brains.

If “competition” is more than a joking game, it’s true (then) that trolls are out in force. That forum needs sunlight.

Dodge diesel pickups have always been better than Ford or Chevrolet (is a fun way to light a fire).

That one could list those reasons for a given pair of decades makes no difference once emotions take over.

Web popularity waxes & wanes. There are now-ancient hobbyist forums where funeral orations are not only a mainstay, but a prominent fixture. One descends the stairs to dig thru dusty files in the basement after tipping a hat to the regulars in the lobby, bedecked in black armbands and leaning on canes.

As with on-air CB chatter (listen; catch the lingo), best to read around first. Find the way to phrase questions. First.

It’s a distinct feature to have to get mad in order to leave. McJobs, McWives, McFamily.

But it’s not them (that is the problem).

To avoid re-currence, prayer instills awareness of ones own shortcomings. How to better channel that energy (anger).

Find a choir needing your baritone.
But first do your scales.

FIND THE SMART GUYS! MMMMM well I know I don't fall into that category. But that's ok Slow I've come to except it, I once had a driller tell me, you know Wally I could probably find a better hand than you, but I like you and you make me laugh, that's why I keep you around. :D

FIND THE SMART GUYS! MMMMM well I know I don't fall into that category. But that's ok Slow I've come to except it, I once had a driller tell me, you know Wally I could probably find a better hand than you, but I like you and you make me laugh, that's why I keep you around. :D
i heard lots of not bad for a kid but you might become a man.then new guy shows up n hear send a man to do a boys job

Well, you could have been approached like I've been in former jobs...

"Andy, you're too smart for this job, but because of you, I have someone that actually knows how to operate and fix our photocopier."

Sigh...

Well, you could have been approached like I've been in former jobs...

"Andy, you're too smart for this job, but because of you, I have someone that actually knows how to operate and fix our photocopier."

Sigh...
and they put a boy on a mans job. Hey your a pretty good kid but not much demand for a kid here. The saga continues

I figured out there are two things they don't like around here (at my job). They don't like it when you take things literally. And they don't like it when you don't take things literally.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ask one of the .357s. Has two D-104s. One works. One doesn’t. At your job, it’s the wisdom of the ages to know which to use.

Welp, GGW, if that leaves out you and it leaves out me . . .
then I dunno who’s left.

Besides, I said, “smart”. I didn’t say a thing about wise. (That driller was on the right track.)

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
Welcome to the forum.
As for trucks, here's my solution:
1: Get a '90s Chevy/GMC C3500HD with manual trans.
2: Buy a good running 12V Cummins to drop in it. They're easy to find since the Dodge trucks they came in fall apart long before the engine wears out.

Welcome to the forum.
As for trucks, here's my solution:
1: Get a '90s Chevy/GMC C3500HD with manual trans.
2: Buy a good running 12V Cummins to drop in it. They're easy to find since the Dodge trucks they came in fall apart long before the engine wears out.

I don’t see any 6.2 or 6.5 Chevys. I still see plenty of early Dodge Cummins.

Besides, that 383 GM crate motor built for TQ would be more fun.

‘Stead of all the crying that the Cummins ripped it apart would cause.

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
I don’t see any 6.2 or 6.5 Chevys. I still see plenty of early Dodge Cummins.

Besides, that 383 GM crate motor built for TQ would be more fun.

‘Stead of all the crying that the Cummins ripped it apart would cause.

I see plenty of 6.2s and 6.5s. In fact I have one of each. Also three Dodges that aren't worth the work it would take to fix them.
As for ripping it apart, it's ok that you're not familiar with the truck I'm talking about. Most people aren't; nor was I until fairly recently. Now that I do know, I see them everywhere still slugging it out as tow trucks, rollbacks, box trucks, boom trucks and railroad service trucks. They're basically a light-truck cab on a Kodiak/Topkick chassis, except that they also have Kodiak/Topkick doors. They were only made from '92-'02 or something like that. GM continued using the "3500HD" name after they discontinued that truck, but it's not the same. The truck I'm talking about is a 1-1/2 ton medium truck. And it can handle a Cummins way better than my Dodge that came with one.

Here's more info about the real 3500HD: http://www.3500hd.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=d3a2f1d781aa0e2414748173a8953b0d;wwwRedirect

[QUOTE="Slowmover, post: 736750, member: 44265"]Ask one of the .357s. Has two D-104s. One works. One doesn’t. At your job, it’s the wisdom of the ages to know which to use.

.[/QUOTE]

As one of the four or five .357's on the forum...ask me. I will tell you no BIG lies but I may utter trivial untruths knowingly in order to distort the actual. (y)

upload_2020-8-12_9-55-19.jpeg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.