• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tiny Superstar AM export?

2RT307

Nov 22, 2011
Texas
Hey guys, I was at a CB store in Tyler, Texas today and saw a Superstar Am/FM only export rig. It was tiny, like as small or smaller than a Uniden 510XL, but it had a band switch on it! Volume, squelch, a small led meter and channel readout, and a rotary band switch. Output power on the box showed to be 4 watts (duh), but I was intrigued about it having bands on it. Lots of guys in my area run below channel one, and to my knowledge the Uniden 510 and 520 are not modifiable for channels. Anybody have any info on this radio? The extra small chassis and channels capability are what have me interested. Sorry, I cannot remember the model number.

RT307

Hey guys, I was at a CB store in Tyler, Texas today and saw a Superstar Am/FM only export rig. It was tiny, like as small or smaller than a Uniden 510XL, but it had a band switch on it! Volume, squelch, a small led meter and channel readout, and a rotary band switch. Output power on the box showed to be 4 watts (duh), but I was intrigued about it having bands on it. Lots of guys in my area run below channel one, and to my knowledge the Uniden 510 and 520 are not modifiable for channels. Anybody have any info on this radio? The extra small chassis and channels capability are what have me interested. Sorry, I cannot remember the model number.

RT307

http://www.worldwidedx.com/export-radios/135404-mirage-86-a-2.html#post378638

hopefully its better than the mini magnum, the 2 that i had access to were garbage.

Hi Jeff! Yep, that's the one. Anyone know if they convert to 11 meters below channel 1?

RT307

Brett

It will cover 25.615-28.315 MHz.

Superstar_SS-3_022.JPG

Reactions: 1 person
Bump for mod info. Anybody?

Thinking about one of these for my resurrected '89 Mustang to replace the Uniden 520XL I have used in the dash.

RT307

No offense, but I'm not buying anything from Radioactive. Just interested in the mod, which I would like to do myself.

Anyone know what is involved in modding this thing for 11 meters?

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated