• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Todays DX from the UK (England)

RadioDaze

Antenna enquirer
May 11, 2015
From the UK today (11m T5) I made a 270 mile /line of sight/ground wave contact (no tropo ducting was forecast either) The longest I have ever made using a Gain Master at 9M high on high ground. This was to another mobile static station.

And in addition I spoke to Aruba, Anguila Island, Dominican Republic, Paraguay, Uraguay, Brazil, Spain, and a line of sight into France.

A really great day out, if it is ok with you guys I will post up my DXploits on this thread.

The Gain Master at 9M sends one hell of a signal out. I am not a fan of beams and work a mobile static base station at various locations, usually at various heights above sea level. Usually between 492ft and 820ft. Not high by USA standards but quite high for my locality in England.

When that transatlantic F2 opens up you will be hearing from me.

26 Sierra Oscar 2-3-9

73 and good DX !

Good to hear the band open in the UK. Australia to US is also open today and have made several contacts from Florida to Texas.. My gainmaster also works well at about 9 meters but my 5 el beam is much better.Good luck with the DX this weekend.

Heard UK, France, Italy, and a few others yesterday for a brief time around 2pm yesterday. Didn't transmit, just listened. Hopefully there's more coming!! Happy dxing to all and hope to catch you on air. This weekend is the WDX 11m contest. Hopefully I'll here a few of you guys across the pond and would be sweet to hear you VK!! Haven't talked to AU in a long time!!!

I would not say conditions were exceptional yesterday but I run a tight ship here and my station cuts through despite only using a monopole omni-directional antenna.

6,700 miles into Uraguay is a nice F2 warming up contact. 3 hops of 2,250 miles seems about right I imagine (showing the GM really does produce good low TOA's), radio report a R5/S-5 with a RX my side of a R5/S-4 to 8 incoming. About 18:00 local time just a little while before I went QRT.

I keep things simple, high ground for a good take off, run decent power (which is probably QRP for some of you guys in the states ! ) and operate with minimal losses in TX lines etc. 1 piece of RG213U 30ft long direct to the GM from my vehicle with just my linear in between, which I never overdrive. (My radio is just a humble Alinco DR-135UK/DX)

I do my best to operate a tip top omni direction mobile base station.

I let chance do the rest.

Last edited:
Good to hear the band open in the UK. Australia to US is also open today and have made several contacts from Florida to Texas.. My gainmaster also works well at about 9 meters but my 5 el beam is much better.Good luck with the DX this weekend.

VK, I was hearing an operator in Australia work two guys here in Houston yesterday, one on his base station, and the other in a diesel truck. I think it was in the early to mid afternoon.

I was going to try and make the contact, but conditions went away as the guy in the diesel truck was finished.

I've heard some DX pop in and out lately, you have to stay by the radio to take advantage of the Quick openings...

I'm stuck at work right now(and tomorrow) but should be on later this evening!

Marconi around 00:00Z is the best time for Aus to US Yesterday was a good day on 10 and 11 meters. Worked Japan, Solomon Is , South America, And several US stations on 10 meters then moved down to 11m and worked several more US stations. hope to catch you on air.

Last edited:
I got 161 Jay in Australia tonight around 6:30-7:30pm. In and out but we did make clear contact. Haven't talked to Australia in ages! Guess my ol dipole I just put up facing E/W is working. It's at 30-35ft and works well. My other N/S dipole works well too. Been using them more lately as I have a bad noise issue that kills the receive on my vertical. Worked some Cali stations as well tonight and also AZ. Old 455 pirate radio, day after day!!

T5 is where I hang out : ) Was out today, poor prop but 1 copy into S.Africa and 1 into Brazil and called it a day. (Gain Master only at 20ft due to higher wind) The long haul DX is warming up. No transatlantic prop as yet for myself.

It will come. As soon as it cools down I wouldn't be surprised to talk to you from FL. Used to here UK every day!!

Sure, I recall the Eastern states coming in Super strong last winter (well from March as that is when I started up again)

I look forwards to that !

Reactions: 222DBFL
Heard 43 Div today and also Indonesia and Thailand coming in. 43 was S0 R2 signal and the Thai station (Belgian operator) was giving a S4 R5. The Indonesian station was Bruno hitting a consistent S9 and R5. Very powerful station.

I could not get back to anyone unfortunately. I think I know why so won't make the same mistakes again. I went out is a rush and made set up errors.

Faired better today with a contact with 43QA447 Laurie Brisbane (Queensland)

Just managed a S-0 R4 to him, so no signal just modulation. He was incoming between an S0 and an S3 with the QSB.

10,200 miles, not bad going for a static mobile base station. The QTH I was at had some QRM locally (Only an S-0 of QRM, maybe from electricity pylons under load, not sure quite....but made it hard for an S-0 voice to cut through) I heard other 43 div stations calling including...43A33 South East Coast but could not hold it with him due to QSB and loss of contact.

Happy about that, may the conditions continue to improve.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.