• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tracking down the trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon,
I will say this.....I feel as strongly as you do about the knuckleheads that get on the radio and do the worst things and ruin the use of the bands for the rest of us. If it was someone local to my radio community it would be handled. I'm not saying that some sort of violence would take place but they would get the message. How you replicate everywhere is tricky. I think the bigger challenge is that skip seems to bring this out in people. When skip is not running I never hear music being played. The human condition can be something to behold.....

Reactions: Rwb and brandon7861
tell ya what,go ask your lawyer if you can go rambo on anybody like you say. if he gives you legal approval noterized then go ahead by all means.oh give us the address of your funeral home of choice so we can send flowers

So Brandon...... all your friends are on CB and you stay there. Idiot messing up your favorite channel? They can't be on every channel. Change channels. You sound like you're 15. We ain't got time for this here.

And then what? Pull down the antenna like it's the 70s? Break his windows? Beat the piss out of him? Slander him on the net? None of the legal bull from any of it is worth a shitfuc% on the cb radio. That's why there are numerous channels and a power button.

Which channel on 11 meters is this activity not happening? When the band is Open it's even WORSE!

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Rwb and TIN_CAN
Which channel on 11 meters is this activity not happening? When the band is Open it's even WORSE!

SIX-SHOOTER
Aside from the known problem on 38, simply switching down one channel usually renders the above mentioned ops mute.
From reports here he was jamming 38 this last week, but lots of guys were still making contacts.
It's really easy to just go up or down and get away from that nonsense.

Jeff

Reactions: Wire Weasel and Rwb
The good dx conditions certainly brings out the knuckleheads. These guys are almost always on the "busy" frequencies because that is where they get the most attention. I take the good with bad, sometimes the radio clowns keep things interesting even if they are annoying.

Take it from a recovering crackerhead, the more attention you give them the more likely they will continue their shenanigans.
It is also a good time to QSY to other frequencies. You can actually have a lengthy QSO with somebody.

It surprises me how many people here skip right over the part where I said I wasn't going to commit felonies or "go rambo".

I can agree that changing channels is easier and that giving the guy attention is pointless (i never do on the air), as is getting into any legal debate or trying to involve the FCC. Totally pointless. Understanding that, forgive me for having the balls to want to confront them. I know if I was hiding behind a microphone being an asshole to countless people on the air and someone managed to figure out where I was, I would have the brains to stop doing what draws pissed off people directly to my house. I never expected to have the need to adjust their attitude, I figured showing up would be enough. Perhaps I thought wrong. Regardless, having the backbone to confront trouble doesn't make me 15 years old. The shitty deals might, i'll accept that. Sometimes the lessons have to be written in a language they understand. And I certainly did not intend to waste anyone's time @Wire Weasel, you should have stopped reading at post 6 where I suggested we end the thread after sarcastically suggesting I just sue them (because passive-aggressiveness is the way things are done these days lol).

I gave up on the idea, i agree. It was pointless.

It surprises me how many people here skip right over the part where I said I wasn't going to commit felonies or "go rambo".

I can agree that changing channels is easier and that giving the guy attention is pointless (i never do on the air), as is getting into any legal debate or trying to involve the FCC. Totally pointless. Understanding that, forgive me for having the balls to want to confront them. I know if I was hiding behind a microphone being an asshole to countless people on the air and someone managed to figure out where I was, I would have the brains to stop doing what draws pissed off people directly to my house. I never expected to have the need to adjust their attitude, I figured showing up would be enough. Perhaps I thought wrong. Regardless, having the backbone to confront trouble doesn't make me 15 years old. The shitty deals might, i'll accept that. Sometimes the lessons have to be written in a language they understand. And I certainly did no......

I gave up on the idea, i agree. It was pointless.

Reactions: Rwb
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated