• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram D201 ssb hum in receive

klj2497

Jan 19, 2017
There is a hum in ssb receive. i have replaced the four C624 capacitors, the c5 can and c517. Im stumped

klj2497,
Just a few quick observations-If you have "been there, done that" please ignore.

If hum is in SSB RX only, I would look strictly at the SSB/RX signal path. Perhaps a diode or tube active in SSB only?

I would assume (never been inside a D201) that power supply rectifiers are the same circuit in AM as well as SSB but if not, a bad rectifier diode in the power supply?

Noise blanker circuit/tube?

If the hum can be "squelched out" it suggests that the noise/hum is in the IF strip of the SSB RX? Could be a weak or "noisy" tube??

Good Luck. I'm a sucker for the old classics!

David

Thank you, for the replies. i will check the, v500, v501 and v502 tubes. I love the tube sound.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated